Argos in Europe 2023
May 13-26, 2023
Spend 2 weeks traveling with UWF students and faculty as you explore Italy and Greece! See the sights, learn about the history, and experience the culture in person while taking UWF courses that count towards your General Education requirements.
We’ve got everything planned! For only $3820 we provide a fully guided itinerary that includes all flights, hotels, in-country transportation, breakfast each day, and admission to all events and destinations, plus 3 group dinners.
Argos in Europe Courses:
- SPC 2608/COM 4103 Leadership Communication
- EUH 1000 Western Perspectives I
Argos in Europe Highlights Include:
- Rome Historical & Cultural Tours – The Colosseum, Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Quirinale, Bernini’s Ecstasy, and the Four Fountains Crossroad
- The Vatican Museum & Saint Peter’s Basilica – The Vatican Museum includes an immense collection of historic artworks including some of the most important masterpieces of the Renaissance era
- Florence Historical & Cultural Tours – Medici Palace, Duomo and Baptistery, Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, and Uffizi Gallery
- Athens Historical & Cultural Tours – Syntagma Square, Hadrian’s Arch, Plaka, Monastiraka Square, National Gardens, and Temple of Zeus
- Museum and Dionysus Theatre
- National Archaeological Museum in Athens and the Chapel of Saint George
- Day Trip to Sounio – Temple of Poseidon
- Day Trip to Delphi
Argos in Asia 2023
July 8-21, 2023
Spend 2 weeks traveling with UWF students and faculty as you explore South Korea and Japan! See the sights, learn about the history, and experience the culture in person while taking UWF courses that count towards your General Education requirements.
We’ve got everything planned! For only $4004 we provide a fully guided itinerary that includes all flights, hotels, in-country transportation, breakfast each day, and admission to all events and destinations, plus 2 group dinners.
Argos in Asia Courses:
- MUH 2930 From Gregorian Chant to K-Pop: Music's Enduring Universal Appeal and Purpose Through The Centuries
- HIS 2050 From Conflict to Prosperity: The History of Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan 1945-Present
Argos in Asia Highlights Include:
- Seoul Historical & Cultural Tours – Gyeongbokgung Palace, National Folklore Museum, Insadong, Bukchon Hanok Village, Namsan Seoul Tower
- Excursion to the DMZ
- Jeonju – Jeonju Hanok Village, Gyenggijeon Shrine, Jeondong Cathedral, and National Intangible Heritage Center
- Namwon – Gwanghallu Garden
- Osaka Historical & Cultural Tours – Osaka Castle
- Kyoto Historical & Cultural Tours – Fushimi Inari Shrine and Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion)
- Tea Ceremony
- Traditional Kimono Show & Silk Weaving Demonstration
- Tokyo Historical & Cultural Tours – Imperial Palace, Harajuku, Shinjuku, Meiji Shinto Shrine and Metropolitan Government Building
- Tokyo National Museum
Why Argos Abroad?
- Studying abroad on either Argos in Europe or Argos in Asia will put you three steps ahead in completing your degree.
- All majors can take these classes! These are General Education courses that count towards all majors.
- These courses count towards your Summer term course requirement! All students entering a university in the State University System with fewer than 60 semester hours credit are required to complete at least nine credits in the Summer term. Why not take these credits overseas?
- These courses can fulfill the Multicultural Course requirement! All students pursuing a bachelor's degree are required to complete at least one course that explores one or more of the dimensions of another culture (language, religion, socio-economic structures, etc.).
- Talk to your Academic Advisor! It’s important to plan your study abroad courses at the same time you register for Fall courses. Ask your advisor to save these courses for Summer.
How to Get Started
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment with a study abroad advisor! We’d love to answer your questions and help you plan!
- Complete the UWF Study Abroad Application!
The earlier you begin planning, the more options you will have for scholarships and funding opportunities. Contact your advisor today!
Approximately $4,000 to $5,000. The final number will be confirmed in October.
Program Fee Includes
- Roundtrip Airfare
- 12 Nights of Accommodation
- All program academic excursions and activities, entrance to sites and museums
- Breakfast each morning provided with accommodation; some group dinners also provided
- Group organized transportation within the program
- On-site program support from UWF faculty and staff
Program Fee Does Not Include
Tuition, pre-departure expenses such as passports, visa fees, additional meals, and personal spending money.
Housing and Meals
All program participants stay together in accommodation arranged by the program. Typical accommodations include apartments and hotels.