Become a Certified Personal Trainer
Through the incorporation of a course that focuses on preparation for an ACE certification, Recreation and Wellness provides everyone with the best opportunity for success as they prepare to begin their career in the fitness and wellness industry.
Registration Details for ACE Personal Training Preparation Course
Date: Wednesdays, September 23- November 18, 2020
Last Day to Register: October 7, see below for sign-up instructions.
Time: 5-7:30 p.m.
Location: Hybrid Course; Face to Face - Building 72, Room 212
Instructor: Sushen Prashanth (email@example.com)
Description: Preparation course to get you ready to take the national ACE Personal Training certification. All materials are provided for the students on eLearning.
- UWF faculty/staff/student - $125
- Recreation employee - $75
- Community - $199
There are two ways to sign up for the course:
- Sign up and pay in person. You can sign up at the customer service desk in Building 72 during operating hours. The customer service desk accepts both cash and card.
- Sign up online at recreation.uwf.edu. Once there, select the "Fitness" icon, then select the "Ace Courses" icon, then select "Spring 2020" under the semester category on the left-hand side of the page. You will then need to select the "ACE Personal Training Prep Course" which will prompt you to sign in. If you have a current UWF account, you will use that email and password. If you do not have a UWF account, you will need to make an account to register for the class.
ACE Certification Exam
Personal training is one of the fastest-growing professions in the health and fitness industry. The American Council on Exercise’s (ACE) Personal Trainer Curriculum allows individuals to obtain a nationally recognized, NCCA-accredited fitness certification.
The ACE Personal Curriculum course provides the in-and-out of class lectures and study materials. The course is 13 weeks of 2.5-hour lectures, including practicals.
The University of West Florida is set up with ACE to host the computer-based certification exam. Click the button to register online and sign up for the exam of your choice.
ACE curriculum students must register a student account first in order to receive a discount. If you have any questions you may contact Yadira Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- E-Learning Online Course which will give you access to chapter quizzes and a practice exam.
- A total of thirteen (13) 2.5-hour courses, including practicals.
- Study Materials conveniently available for self-study including:
- ACE Personal Training Textbook
- Weekly checkout chapter lectures & chapter quizzes
The American Council on Exercise's Personal Trainer Certification is designed for fitness trainers providing one-on-one or small-group fitness instruction.
The decision to pursue professional certification is an important step in being recognized as a competent practitioner in one's discipline. By becoming ACE® certified, you will be better equipped to empower, motivate, challenge, and retain your clients for the long term. In addition, ACE-certified personal trainers are in high demand, which is just one more reason for you to have a positive outlook regarding your future and the continued growth of your health and fitness career.
The ACE Personal Trainer Certification is continually evaluated and updated to ensure that it includes the most current research in exercise science and keeps today's fitness professionals ahead of the competition. Upon successful completion of the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam, you will have demonstrated your knowledge of risk factor screening, fitness assessment, nutrition, exercise science, exercise programming and appropriate progressions, instructional and spotting techniques, lifestyle modification, and professional scope of practice.