Assembly and Processional Information for Faculty
Assembly and Processional of Faculty
Date & Location:
Fall 2017 Commencement Ceremonies will take place on Saturday, Dec 6, 2017 at the Pensacola Bay Center, 201 East Gregory Street.
10:00 a.m. Ceremony (CASSH & CEPS)
- The College of Arts, Social Sciences, and Humanities and College of Education and Professional Studies ceremony will begin at 10:00 a.m.
- Faculty attending the 10:00 a.m. ceremony should plan to be at the Pensacola Bay Center in Meeting Room A for robing no later than 9:30 p.m.
1:00 p.m. Ceremony (COB, UKCOH and HMCSE)
- The College of Business, Usha Kundu, MD College of Health, and Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering ceremony will begin at 1:00 p.m.
- Faculty attending the 1:00 p.m. ceremony should plan to be at the Pensacola Bay Center in Meeting Room A for robing no later than 12:30 p.m.
5:00 p.m. Ceremony (Graduate School)
- The Graduate ceremony will begin at 5:00 p.m.
- Faculty attending the graduate ceremony should plan to be at the Pensacola Bay Center in Meeting Room A for robing no later than 4:30 p.m.
Refreshments will be provided in Room A prior to each ceremony.
Faculty who rsvp for the ceremony, receive a parking pass for the reserved parking lot at the front of the Pensacola Bay Center. All Faculty should sign-in at Room A which is immediately inside the front entrance to the Pensacola Bay Center. Hooders and Marshals should sign-in at the table in Room A, as well.
Staff will be available to direct and line up Faculty for the processionals which will begin promptly at 10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Faculty Marshals will lead Faculty into the arena to the seating above and behind the stage for the first two ceremonies. The processional requires climbing of multiple stairs so comfortable shoes are recommended. If a member is unable to climb stairs they should contact Judy Jones at 474.2501 so alternative seating can be identified. The faculty will sit in the first rows on the floor in front of the graduates at the 5 p.m. ceremony.
Faculty will be seated from the top of the section and fill in downward toward the stage. Viewing for the lower seats is obstructed by staging.