Master of Arts (M.A.): Industrial-Organizational Psychology
Our Master of Arts (M.A.) in Psychology with emphasis on Industrial-Organizational (I-O) Psychology prepares you as a Human Resources (HR) or I-O professional. We are a top ranking Master's program focused on applied projects and internships. The program offers individualized attention to facilitate a customized career path or preparation for doctoral programs. With a robust alumni network, graduates hold incredible jobs and have gained acceptance to prestigious doctoral programs.
- Graduate school requirements
- UWF Graduate Admissions Application, $30 Application fee, Transcripts, and GPA of 3.0 or better
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letters of recommendation ideally come from faculty members or instructors and speak to the applicant's aptitude and fit with the degree program. However, professional references such as supervisors are also acceptable.
- Your Personal Statement
- What led you to I-O Psychology as a potential future career and are there any areas in I-O that interest you in particular?
- What have been your prior experiences with group projects or research teams and how would you describe a good team member?
- What professional skills would you like to develop and how will the UWF I-O Program assist you with these goals?
- Discuss how your research methods and/or statistics courses prepared you for this program.
- Success in prior psychology and research methods courses as shown on your official transcript
The I-O Master’s Program accepts new students for both Fall and Spring term entries.
- Fall Program Entry: Application Review begins February 15th
- Spring Program Entry: Application Review begins November 1st
- Timely submission of your application gains priority consideration for admission and in-department funding opportunities. However, if you have missed the submission date above, we encourage you to inquire about admission.
- For updates on application deadlines, please go here.
Department of Psychology Contact:
Dr. Valerie Morganson, I-O Coordinator
Department of Psychology
YouTube - UWF Department of Psychology
- Open to variety of Bachelors’ backgrounds
- Classes are predominantly in-person, synchronous, and highly interactive
- Complete the Master of Arts, I-O Concentration in 42 semester hours
- Build confidence in your skills as a consultant apprentice
- Boost your professional resume with applied projects with local businesses
- Join our interdisciplinary network of I-O and HR practitioners
- Get ready to make a difference in today’s workplaces through positive organizational change, solid assessment techniques, and a supportive community of learners
Personalize Your Degree
Students are encouraged to take a strategic approach to their career development by choosing electives congruent with their career goals in relevant, applied areas of interest
Using evidence-based practices to attract, recruit, hire, promote and motivate
Human Factors and Training
Improving human performance through the research and application of psychological
principles and technology
Using data-driven approaches to inform organizational decisions
Occupational Health Psychology
Improving the quality of work-life, and protecting and promoting the safety, health and well-being of workers (NIOSH)
"My experience in the I/O psychology program aligns well with everything I read before applying. I gained many new skills and a wealth of knowledge in the program while also learning and working alongside many extraordinary individuals. I was also allowed to design a program aligned closely with my interests. The curriculum prepared me to be successful in the field of I/O psychology. I am so thankful for the program and each of the professors. If you're considering applying for the program, I highly recommend that you do."
~Shanequea Harris, Class of 2022
Division Training Manager,
"My time in UWF’s I/O program did an excellent job preparing me for my role as a data analyst. Throughout my program, we were given multiple real-world consulting opportunities. These opportunities gave us good exposure to the business world and allowed me to hone my data analytics skills. These skills have proved invaluable as my job primarily consists of analyzing consumer data, interpreting the results, and presenting the findings to stakeholders within the business. It doesn’t matter where your interests lie, the skills that you learn in this program will prepare you for a multitude of different roles."
~Garrett Brown, Class of 2022
Consumer Insights Analyst,
Walt Disney Company
"The highly skilled professors go above and beyond for students and provide real world hands-on experience that is unique to the program. If you are interested in I-O Psychology and passionate about research and/or applied work, I strongly encourage you to apply for this program. It is one of the best investments I have made!"
~ Danielle Woods, Class of 2018
ISD Talent Development and Communication Team Analyst,
Navy Federal Credit Union