Physics Scholars is a program under the umbrella of the Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering (HMCSE), which is designed to support high-achieving students based on academic merit. Students will be an active member of the Society of Physics Students or Women in Physics, required to participate in professional development activities, and will be encouraged to engage in research with a faculty member or as part of a student group or as an individual study.
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time physics students maintaining a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Be an active member in the Society of Physics Students or Women in Physics
- Participate in professional development activities relevant to the field of Physics
- Demonstrate interest in performing research with faculty or as part of a student group or as an individual study
- Have an interest in the advancement of underrepresented groups in Physics
Applications have closed for Fall 2017 but will reopen in Spring 2018.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Christopher Varney
Assistant Professor, Physics
Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering
Building 4, Room 444