UWF Black Alumni Network
The UWF Black Alumni Network unites the presence of alumni and students through efforts with UWF Alumni Relations, establishing relationships, connections and opportunities for Black alumni of the University of West Florida.
Established in 2020, the UWF Black Alumni Network was created to facilitate engagement and networking opportunities for Black graduates from the University of West Florida. The UWF Black Alumni Network unites the presence of alumni and students through efforts with UWF Alumni Relations, establishing relationships, connections and opportunities to Black alumni of the University of West Florida. It is our mission to:
- Advocate for the concerns of Black alumni, students and friends in the UWF campus community.
- Promote greater participation from Black alumni with their time, their talents, their gifts and their service.
- Elevate the work and accomplishments of Black alumni and preserve their legacy at UWF.
- Develop programming of interest for Black alumni, faculty, staff and students.
- Support the advancement of Black students at UWF and the resources that contribute to their success.
The UWF Black Alumni Network will be confirming our council members by July 1, 2021. If you are interested in joining the network, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update Your Record
Wanting to connect and learn more about UWF networks and events? Update Your Alumni Contact Information so we have the correct details on record.
Black Alumni Network History
The University of West Florida’s Black Alumni Network was launched in the year 2020. The Network was launched by seven Black alumni — all millennials, who graduated from the University of West Florida.
Understanding the importance of diversity, representation and inclusion, the charter members came together in the spring of 2020 with the hope of bringing like-minded individuals together to uplift their community and university.
They decided to launch a Black alumni organization to bring Argonauts of all ages together who were affiliated in some way to the University. This group encompasses students, faculty, and staff!
Since the fall of 2020, the group has worked to form a partnership with the university. UWF has officially adopted the Black Alumni Network under the umbrella of the UWF Alumni Association.
The Network's charter members are below.