The UWF School of Nursing is seeking passionate students of all cultural diversities and backgrounds to represent the diverse populations for which we provide care. We recognize that the development of a diverse workforce helps patients to achieve health equity.
Why Nursing at UWF?
Our program prepares you for a career as a clinical generalist. You will also gain the skills to become a leader, manager and lifelong learner. Informed by clinical and research experience, you will help people and families make informed decisions about their health care. Our Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education-accredited program will make sure you are ready to pass your licensure exam and begin an exciting health care career.
What makes our prelicensure program unique? We only admit 50 students three times a year. That means you will be part of a small, select group working closely with faculty that follow you through that year with dedicated personal attention. Clinical groups are team-taught with access to two faculty members for most classes. Our NCLEX pass rate is one of the highest in the state of Florida.
You must apply to be admitted to UWF through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions prior to applying to the Dr. D.W. McMillan BSN Nursing program.
If you have already been admitted to UWF you will then need to complete the supplemental application for the BSN Program through NursingCAS.
What You Will Learn
Put theory into practice and become confident in your clinical skills with courses on patient-centered care and corresponding labs. You will be introduced to pharmacology, health assessment, public health nursing, mental health nursing, maternal-child nursing and much more.
You will have plenty of opportunities to become involved in the UWF campus and nursing communities. Work closely with our highly ranked School of Nursing faculty. Join organizations, like the National Student Nurses Association or Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
Our program prepares you to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination after graduation. The pass rate of our students taking the NCLEX is one of the highest in the state of Florida.
Below are the open application periods per semester. Please review the dates and requirements for your semester of interest. The Summer 2022 Deadline has been extended to January 29, 2022.
- Applications have been extended to January 28, 2022.
- Notifications will go out in February 2022.
- TEAS Exam (sixth edition) up to 3 attempts Must make a minimum of 75.0% to apply (test must be taken between November 6, 2020 – January 27, 2022.
- Application Opens January 7, 2022 and Closes March 11, 2022
- TEAS Exam (sixth edition) up to 3 attempts) Must make a minimum of 75.0% on composite score to apply (test must be taken between January 5, 2021 - March 8, 2022).
- Decision notification sent May 2022
- Applications Open April 8, 2022 through June 10, 2022.
- TEAS Exam (sixth edition) up to 3 attempts) Must make a minimum of 75.0% on composite score to apply (test must be taken between June 7, 2021- June 8, 2022).
- Decision notification sent in late August 2022.