Goals & Objectives
The purpose of the Executive Mentor Program is to prepare students for successful careers in business by integrating academic learning with real-world experiences and to become a model for workforce readiness, embraced by the community.
Molly Murphy and Kelly Chen
“The Executive Mentor Program bestowed upon me an extraordinary, beneficial opportunity. The invaluable knowledge and assistance contributed by my mentor, Ms. Molly Murphy, surpassed beyond my expectations. Our time spent during our meetings has been an unparalleled experience. No words of gratitude can fully justify the irreplaceable hours dedicated by my mentor. My meetings with Ms. Murphy has simultaneously broadened my horizons and affirm my professional pursuit in the accounting industry. She helped strengthen my self-growth and professional development skills. Through our interactions, I was able to distinguish my core values, and strive for a balance in all aspects of life, whether it be professional, academics, or personal. This phenomenal experience empowered me to maintain my ambitious and persevering characteristics, and substantiated my career goals."
- Kelly Chen, MAcc
The goals and objectives of the Executive mentor relationship:
- Help identify career paths for students and support students' personal growth.
- Provide an opportunity for students to learn and practice professional networking skills.
- Equip students with the understanding and tools to make ethical and informed decisions.
- Shape students into confident graduates with excellent leadership, communication, critical thinking, professionalism and other skills important to the transition to the world of work.
- Help students identify and pursue opportunities for employment related to their degrees.