Mission, Vision, Values
In CASSH, we celebrate the arts, social sciences, and humanities as central to a cutting-edge education.
The College of Arts, Social Sciences, and Humanities engages students in the study of the Liberal Arts to prepare them for success in all aspects of life. Our mission is to educate new generations of civic and professional leaders, to foster individual growth, and to build vibrant communities by contributing to the richness of cultural and artistic life.
Our vision is to provide nationally recognized teaching, research, and creative activities that explore the broadest perspectives of human experience, including how we think about ourselves and others, organize our societies, and communicate our experiences. We aspire to a purpose greater than ourselves by embracing the Liberal Arts tradition as the foundation for educating future generations and by fostering curiosity, creativity, communication, and compassion – habits of mind and heart that offer the surest path to fulfillment in life, success in the workplace, and meaningful participation in larger communities.
The College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities shares the university’s values. As a campus community, the institution is committed to the following:
- Demonstrate the contemporary value, relevance, and rewards of the Liberal Arts for all students.
- Foster a national reputation for achieving student success and building vibrant communities.
- Develop a Liberal Arts college community that is cohesive, dynamic, and relevant in the present and the future.
- Position the College as a leader in setting and achieving UWF’s strategic goals.
* Please visit the UWF 2022-2027 Strategic Plan.