Reservations & Conference Services
Every year, University Commons and Event Services holds numerous on-campus events, including fundraisers, cookouts, conferences, meetings, and lectures. We are always seeking to improve and streamline support services for our faculty, staff, students, community partners. The goal of our friendly, professional staff is to meet the needs of our customers and visitors to make every event run smoothly.
COVID-19 Event Update
As of Oct. 5, 2020, events, activities and meetings on and off campus are limited to 10 or fewer people and must follow the guidelines below:
- Face coverings must be worn inside all shared indoor spaces, as well as outdoor areas when social distancing is not maintained.
- Food may not be provided by the event organizer(s).
- Student organization events, activities and meetings must be registered via ArgoPulse and approved by Student Involvement.
- University-sponsored events, activities, and meetings must be approved by the appropriate Dean, Associate Vice President, or Vice President.
- Gatherings may not exceed the COVID-19 venue capacity and must comply with directions from the venue manager.
- On-campus events, activities, and meetings sponsored by non-University customers are not permitted unless approved by the President.
Office Hours, Location, & Contact
Reservation and Conference Services office hours are Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our office is located in Building 22, Room 230 (the second floor looking over the great hall next to SGA). Students and departments can contact us at (850) 474-2408 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Commons and Events Services (UCES) offers University of West Florida customers a single point of access to a broad array of services, including:
- General event planning and guidance
- Event logistics (room reservations/diagrams, catering, parking, security, etc.)
- On-site event support—both technical and administrative
- Support for high-visibility events on and off-campus
- Meeting technology support
- Equipment delivery and purchases (e.g., microphones, grills, podiums, etc.)
- Live audio and projection services for meetings, presentations, guest speakers, panel discussions, press conferences, and more.
- Audio and theatrical lighting for performances in University Commons Auditorium, Conference Center, Great Hall, and outdoor event spaces
- Sound, stage, and lighting support for indoor and outdoor special events
- Lecture Capture (Single-Camera and IMAG)
- Audio and video conferencing support
- Digital signage management
- Standard working hours for Reservations Office staff
During Fall and Spring semesters, the University Commons and Event Services office is staffed by a combination of full-time and student staff from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. daily. The student staff is our primary means of support from 5 pm-10:30 pm on weekdays and from 10 a.m.- 8:30 p.m. on weekends during the academic year. Special hours over College undergraduate breaks are arranged as necessary with a minimum advance notice of 14 business days. University Commons and Event Services is closed for all University holidays.
|Meeting Rooms||Major Event Spaces||Tabling / Outdoor Spaces|
|Room 260||Conference Center||Argo Green|
|Room 265||Conference Lounge||Patio|
|Room 268||Conference Lower Lobby||Cannon Green|
|Room 272||Conference Upper Lobby|
|Nautilus Chamber||Argo Galley|