Reservations & Conference Services
Every year, University Commons and Event Services holds numerous on-campus events, including fundraisers, cookouts, conferences, meetings, and lectures. We are always seeking to improve and streamline support services for our faculty, staff, students, community partners. The goal of our friendly, professional staff is to meet the needs of our customers and visitors to make every event run smoothly.
COVID-19 Event Update
Effective July 6, 2021, all event restrictions will be lifted and full in-person participation in University events, activities, and athletic events will resume.
It remains critical that we continue to work together and assume individual responsibilities to protect our own health, as well as the health of others. As we have throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the University will maintain our focus on the health and safety of our campus community and adapt as necessary based on public health guidance. We strongly encourage everyone to protect themselves and each other by getting the COVID-19 vaccine.
Office Hours, Location, & Contact
Reservation and Conference Services office hours are Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our office is located in Building 22, Room 230 (the second floor looking over the great hall next to SGA). Students and departments can contact us at (850) 474-2408 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Commons and Events Services (UCES) offers University of West Florida customers a single point of access to a broad array of services, including:
- General event planning and guidance
- Event logistics (room reservations/diagrams, catering, parking, security, etc.)
- On-site event support—both technical and administrative
- Support for high-visibility events on and off-campus
- Meeting technology support
- Equipment delivery and purchases (e.g., microphones, grills, podiums, etc.)
- Live audio and projection services for meetings, presentations, guest speakers, panel discussions, press conferences, and more.
- Audio and theatrical lighting for performances in University Commons Auditorium, Conference Center, Great Hall, and outdoor event spaces
- Sound, stage, and lighting support for indoor and outdoor special events
- Lecture Capture (Single-Camera and IMAG)
- Audio and video conferencing support
- Digital signage management
- Standard working hours for Reservations Office staff
During Fall and Spring semesters, the University Commons and Event Services office is staffed by a combination of full-time and student staff from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. daily. The student staff is our primary means of support from 5 pm-10:30 pm on weekdays and from 10 a.m.- 8:30 p.m. on weekends during the academic year. Special hours over College undergraduate breaks are arranged as necessary with a minimum advance notice of 14 business days. University Commons and Event Services is closed for all University holidays.
|Meeting Rooms||Major Event Spaces||Tabling / Outdoor Spaces|
|Room 260||Conference Center||Argo Green|
|Room 265||Conference Lounge||Patio|
|Room 268||Conference Lower Lobby||Cannon Green|
|Room 272||Conference Upper Lobby|
|Nautilus Chamber||Argo Galley|