Reservations & Conference Services
Every year, University Commons and Event Services holds numerous on-campus events, including fundraisers, cookouts, conferences, meetings, and lectures. We are always seeking to improve and streamline support services for our faculty, staff, students, community partners. The goal of our friendly, professional staff is to meet the needs of our customers and visitors to make every event run smoothly.
COVID-19 Event Update
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there will be new guidelines to events and meetings taking place in the fall 2020 semester. These guidelines will affect attendance, setup, space usage, audio-visual equipment options, and duration of the event. Some event spaces will be converted to academic classroom spaces to best serve the campus community during this time.
The response to COVID-19 is a fluid situation and updates on the availability of our rental spaces will be sent as they become available.
To discuss event options for the fall 2020 semester, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Commons and Events Services (UCES) offers University of West Florida customers a single point of access to a broad array of services, including:
- General event planning and guidance
- Event logistics (room reservations/diagrams, catering, parking, security, etc.)
- On-site event support—both technical and administrative
- Support for high-visibility events on and off campus
- Meeting technology support
- Equipment delivery and purchases (e.g., microphones, grills, podiums, etc.)
- Live audio and projection services for meetings, presentations, guest speakers, panel discussions, press conferences, and more
- Audio and theatrical lighting for performances in University Commons Auditorium, Conference Center, Great Hall, and outdoor event spaces
- Sound, stage, and lighting support for indoor and outdoor special events
- Lecture Capture (Single Camera and IMAG)
- Audio and video conferencing support
- Digital signage management
- Standard working hours for Reservations Office staff
During Fall and Spring semesters, the University Commons and Event Services office is staffed by a combination of full-time and student staff from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. daily. Student staff are our primary means of support from 5pm-10:30 pm on weekdays and from 10 a.m.- 8:30 p.m. on weekends during the academic year. Special hours over College undergraduate breaks are arranged as necessary with a minimum advance notice of eight (14) days. University Commons and Event Services is closed for all University holidays.
EMS Web App
On-campus events and meetings for your department or student organization can be requested online through the EMS web client a.k.a. "EMS Web". EMS Web App, is a web-based application that allows user to browse events in a calendar, view facility information, and submit and manage room reservations.
You can access EMS through any standard browser or mobile device. You must be a University of West Florida faculty/staff member or a representative of a recognized student organization for access to this reservation system. The University Commons and Event Services staff will provide with information on accessing, or setting up your account information.
If you already have an EMS account, you can access the web app here https://uwf.
If you are a UWF student organization officer, staff or faculty member and you do not currently have an EMS Web App account and would like one created for you, please make your request in the UWF Web App.
University of West Florida Faculty/Staff
The University Commons and Event Services (UCES) has a variety of different spaces available for all types of events, many of which can be reserved online using the EMS Web App. The EMS Web App is a website that allows you to make requests for the reservable spaces within Commons and deliveries to other UWF locations.
University of West Florida Student Organizations
Due to changes with EMS, the reservation system, organizations have to be transitioned within ArgoPulse in order to make reservations.
To transition and update the organization information an officer will need to login to ArgoPulse:
- Once logged in you should see a button at the top right that says "Admin Dashboard". Go ahead and select that button.
- From the menu that loads you will select "Manage" and then "Organizations".
- Your organization(s) will be the only organization that loads and you will click the link into the organization.
- Once that loads you will click the pencil icon at the top right and edit all the requested information.
- Once you are done you will submit for approval and the organization will be transitioned for the new year, pending adviser and Student Involvement approval.
Student Organizations that have completed the transition process can then request access to the EMS Web App.
You can obtain information for reserving space by visiting our external reservations website.
|Meeting Rooms||Major Event Spaces||Tabling / Outdoor Spaces|
|Room 260||Conference Center||Argo Green|
|Room 265||Conference Lounge||Patio|
|Room 268||Conference Lower Lobby||Cannon Green|
|Room 272||Conference Upper Lobby|
|Nautilus Chamber||Argo Galley|