Vision, Mission, Values
This page contains the vision, mission, and values we hold at the ERCCD.
We believe children learn best and retain knowledge through hands-on, sensory-based learning activities in a safe and nurturing environment. We believe each child is a unique individual with their own learning styles and timing. We believe children need a variety of learning experiences that encourage whole child development - addressing cognitive, physical, and social-emotional skills.
The UWF ERCCD will operate with integrity in all matters while providing a safe, dynamic, learning environment that promotes a culture of inclusiveness, innovation, and mutual respect benefiting the children, parents, staff, and academic community.
The Mission of the Educational Research Center for Child Development is to provide high quality care and early education that promotes a lifelong love of learning and discovery in an environment that reflective of current best practices and research in the field of early childhood education; to support and encourage academic persistence and success for students, faculty, and staff; to provide experimental learning opportunities for adult learners; and to provide rich opportunities for UWF faculty and students to conduct research.
Children and families must be valued and treated with dignity and respect for their individuality.
- A safe and nurturing environment is essential for children and families
- Children learn at different rates and times
- In the importance of a developmental appropriate play-based environment
- Children learn best when they are actively engaged through a variety of learning experiences that fosters self-esteem, decision making and promotes reaching potentials.
- Children thrive in an environment designed to promote exploration, self- discovery, imaginative play and opportunities to engage in cooperative play
We recognize it takes a partnership of shared responsibility between parents and dedicated staff to create a culturally inclusive learning environment benefiting the child, parent, staff and academic community.
The center is licensed by the State of Florida (ID# C01ES0150) and staffed by Early Childhood professionals.
The Center is accredited by AdvancED.