Master of Science in Information Technology
The Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) program will prepare students for leadership roles in the IT sector. This program will train the next generation of IT professionals who are interested in broadening and gaining a deeper knowledge of new and emerging technologies.
With one of the most affordable tuition plans in Florida and state-of-the-art computing facilities, our Master’s in Information Technology program offers cutting edge curricula and learning environments, with professionally-oriented, hands-on study material. This degree is available completely online, but students also have the opportunity to work with faculty mentors on research projects that provide core skills and real-world, problem-solving experiences that will help them succeed in their future career paths.
With a Master of Science in Information Technology degree, you can pursue jobs in a variety of fields where specialization and/or extra knowledge are needed. With this degree, you can advance up the ranks and/or become the lead information technology practitioner in your unit/organization. Some of the opportunities an M.S. in Information Technology degree holder enjoys include:
- Senior/Lead database administrator
- Senior/Lead server administrator
- Senior/Lead network administrator
- Senior/Lead information security analyst
- IT manager
- System architect
In addition to the University graduate admission requirements, the department bases decisions for regular admission on a holistic review of credentials in which the criteria listed below are used to assess the potential success of each applicant.
- Submission of Graduate Application and Processing Fee
- Submission of official transcripts
*International students may have additional requirements.
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA/major GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale
- Submission of letter of intent describing work experience and reasons for pursuing the degree program, including how the degree relates to career goals
- Submission of a resume or CV
- Contact information for two academic or professional references who can address the applicant's ability to succeed in our graduate program
- Optional submission of any professional or industry certifications
Applicants may check the receipt/status of their materials in MyUWF.
|June 1||October 1||March 1|
Certain graduate programs have earlier application deadlines. Check with the graduate department for departmental specific deadlines.