MBA Admission Help
Information to help aid prospective students gain admission to the MBA Program.
Summary of Admission Requirements
The UWF Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program has been streamlined to enable more people to obtain this widely recognized professional degree. It consists of a core of 33 semester hours. Prospective students entering the program without adequate preparation in business must complete all necessary prerequisites via accelerated foundation or undergraduate courses.
These courses cover the areas of accounting, business communications, business calculus, economics, finance, management, management information systems (e-Business), marketing, microcomputer application packages, and statistics.
Admission to the MBA program requires a bachelor's degree with high academic achievement from an accredited institution.
In addition, prospective students must:
- Complete a graduate application online and pay the $30 application fee
- Request official transcripts from all universities or colleges attended
- Attain a minimum score of 450 or better on the GMAT or attain an equivalent GRE score
- Furnish a current resume
- Submit statement of educational objectives as indicated on application
- Furnish two letters of recommendation (academic or professional)
- Provide documentation for immunization requirements
- Meet International student TOEFL requirements (Minimum Listening score of 19 and Basic score of 79/80 on the Internet-based test or Listening Score of 53 and Basic Score of 550 on the Paper-based test)
- Meet with an MBA Advisor (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) by contacting the MBA Office, 850.474.3124, for an appointment prior to beginning the program
- Provide answers to the following essay questions:
- Why did you choose UWF's MBA program to pursue your educational objectives?
- Describe personal and professional achievements within the last five years which indicate your potential for a successful business career.
- What career are you considering?
- Provide any other relevant information to support your application.
- List the names, positions, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of the two persons you have asked to submit letters of recommendation in support of your MBA application.
For an overview of the GMAT, a collection of test preparation tools, and other relevant links, please visit MBA.com's Take the GMAT web site.
The University of West Florida offers an online GMAT preparation course through the Division of Continuing Education's Online Instruction Center. Read more >>
The University of West Florida offers the GRE in its testing center on the Pensacola campus. The GRE General Test is available six days a week and current information on available test dates and times can be obtained by calling the testing center at 850.473.7339 or visiting www.GRE.org.
The University of West Florida also offers an online GRE preparation course through the Division of Continuing Education's Online Instruction Center.
The University of West Florida's Military & Veterans Resource Center is located in Building 38, Room 147 and may be reached by either calling 850.474.2550 or emailing email@example.com.
This office is the main campus point of contact for students receiving education assistance from the DVA. It has a professional staff augmented by veteran peer counselors to assist students by providing information about entitlements, filing claims to the DVA, and certifying enrollments at the University. Clients can receive peer counseling for personal and academic concerns, as well as referrals to appropriate University and community agencies.
The office also monitors the academic progress of all those receiving educational benefits from the DVA. Each student receiving benefits from the DVA must visit this office during registration and whenever changes occur to initially reported class schedules.
Please check with the Military & Veterans Resource Center for information about the Post911 GI Bill Benefits.
Financial Aid Information
The Financial Aid Office is located in Building 18. Office hours are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. The telephone number is 850.474.2400. The Financial Aid web site may be visited at uwf.edu/finaid. The purpose of the Financial Aid Office is to help eligible students meet educational costs while attending UWF. Understanding the financial aid process is critical. You probably have many questions about what you can expect and what is expected of you. You will find many of your answers here, and you can get answers to questions through direct interaction with the financial aid staff at UWF. You may email the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org Due to the volume of emails received by the Financial Aid Office, please allow up to 48 hours for a response.
The College of Business offers a limited number of undergraduate scholarships, graduate scholarships, assistantships, fellowships, and graduate tuition waivers. Please visit the College of Business scholarship web page for more information.
Career Services Information
Please visit UWF's Career Services web site for more information on choosing a major, career spotlights, career planning resources, and other relevant information.
MBA Technology Requirements
The decision to enter the Master of Business Administration Program is typically not taken lightly, nor should a student's decision about his/her computer equipment for the program. In order to assist you in the assessment of your technological readiness for the MBA classes, examine this list of required and preferred technology: MBA Technology Requirements.