Equal Opportunity Office Services
This page describes the services offered to UWF students, faculty, and staff through the Equal Opportunity Office
- Online and classroom training in preventing discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- University employees (line item staff and faculty members plus adjunct faculty) are required to attend a training class on discrimination, harassment, and retaliation at least every other year.
- To sign up for these mandatory training classes, please visit the online Professional Development Learning Library in MyUWF.
- Assisting members of the campus community with questions about discrimination, harassment, and retaliation and explaining the complaint filing and investigation process
- Receiving and investigating complaints of prohibited discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in accordance with established procedures
- Contact Equal Opportunity Office to file a complaint of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation.
- Learn more about the Procedure for Investigation and Disposition of Complaints.
- Reviewing and Revising the university's anti-discrimination policies
- Providing equity compliance
- Preparing the Florida Educational Equity Accountability Report, which is an annual report required by Florida Regulation 2.003 Equity and Access, and the university's Affirmative Action Plan Analysis and Report, which is required by Executive Order 11246
- Maintaining Equal Opportunity Regulatory Compliance
- Preparing Affirmative Action Plan Updates
- Creating and maintaining appropriate policies and procedures that foster a work and academic environment free from prohibited discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- Offer multiple opportunities for training and education for student organizations, departments, and units in multiple formats on a wide range of topics.
- Partner with student organizations, departments and units to host events and programs
Lactation Room on UWF Main Campus
UWF maintains a dedicated lactation room for faculty, staff, students and visitors on the third floor of the John C. Pace Library on the Main Campus (Building 32). The lactation room may be accessed at the Circulation Desk, first floor.