What Is The AAP Early Arrival Program?
Center for Behavior Analysis hosts an Early Arrival Program for incoming UWF students identified as having Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and enrolled in classes for the Fall semester. This program has both virtual and in-person events and will provide students with the tools for success as they transition to the university. Whether students are first-time in college or transfer students, the program helps them learn about Argo life and meet peers in the Argos Autism Program.
AAP Early Arrival Program
The best way to kick off your semester!
Fall 2022 Early Arrival will be a hybrid event beginning August 15 and ending on August 19th, 2022.
The fee is $125.
Registration deadline is July 31, 2022.
To request this page or any information referenced on the page in an alternative format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligible students must be accepted to the university and enrolling for the Fall semester.
Topics will include:
- Academic Strategies
- Independent Living Skills
- Social Skills
- Career Readiness
The program is available for students who will be distance learners as well as students attending in-person classes.
For Fall 2022 AAP Early Arrival Program will be hybrid, a mix of virtual and on campus events.
- 8/15/22- Students will gain access to workshops and activities through eLearning
- 8/16/22- Parent virtual session
- 8/17/22- TBD
- 8/18/22- On campus programming
- 8/19/22- On campus programming - ending with UWF New Student Convocation
Students participating in the program will gain skills to help them succeed in the transition to university life, experience navigating the campus and have the opportunity to connect with other people with similar diagnoses.
The entire program will be hybrid, a mix of virtual and on campus events.
- Students diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Students can be First Time In College (FTIC) or transfer students.
- Students can be attending in-person and/or online courses.
The price for the Fall 2022 AAP Early Arrival Program will be $125. Price can include the following:
- Registration Fee
Students not living on campus may still participate in the virtual events for the program and are encouraged to participate in AAP Early Arrival.
- Apply and be accepted to the University of West Florida
- Register with Student Accessibility Resources.
- Provide documentation to support the diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Complete SAR registration appointment with SAR staff.
- Register for the UWF Orientation if you are a first time in college student. Students participating in the ASD Early Arrival Program MUST attend an orientation session BEFORE 7/31/22. (Transfer students are highly encouraged to complete the online orientation available to transfer students.) The Early Arrival Program DOES NOT exempt students from completing UWF campus orientation since the material covered will not be the same.
- Submit application and payment.
*If Vocational Rehabilitation is covering the cost of the program, please have your VR Counselor contact the Center for Behavior Analysis office at (850) 474-2704 for payment options.
Contact the Center for Behavior Analysis to speak with one of our staff regarding additional information 850-474-2704.
Contact the Center for Behavior Analysis office at (850) 474-2704 with any additional questions.