As the medium of formal communications, stationery plays a vital role in UWF’s brand expression.
Use of the University’s stationery system ensures clear and consistent communication. Official stationery should never be recreated or emulated and alterations are prohibited unless authorized by Institutional Communications. In cases when permission is granted, Institutional Communications is responsible for the oversight of the creation of any new stationery, whether executed in-house or through a vendor, to ensure compliance with the institutional brand.
With the introduction of our new logo, we are also releasing a new stationery package. This package includes letterhead, business cards, envelopes, note cards and notepads. While we encourage you to begin using the new stationery as soon as possible, you may use your current stock until your supply is exhausted and it is time to reorder.
Placing Stationery Orders
All University letterhead, envelopes and business cards are standardized to provide a consistent institutional identity and reduce design and printing costs through a contract with Martin Litho Inc. (MLI). A website is available for University faculty and staff to place orders via P-card from MLI. It is user-friendly and does not require graphic design training.
Orders for business cards and stationery can be placed, proofed and paid via P-card online at MLI’s website. Any faculty or staff with P-card privileges may order for faculty and staff in their departments. All Presidential Gold Seal items are only available for the president, vice presidents and members of the Board of Trustees.
For questions concerning ordering official stationery items, please contact Joy Ward in Business and Auxiliary Services at email@example.com.
To place orders:
- Log in at MLI’s website at uwfprinting.com.
- First Time Users: Click on "New User" in the top right hand corner; upon entering your email address you will receive an email with directions to log in. Once you have logged in, you will be directed to a page where you can register with your own information. Once you submit your registration, it must be approved by a system administrator. When this is complete, you will receive an email stating you have been approved and can start ordering.
- Returning Users: To place an order after completion of registration, go to “Username” and “Password” in the blue header area and log in using the email address and password created during registration.
- Select the item you would like to order; select the quantity and location for the item to be delivered.
- Fill in the information as it should appear.
- Proof information. Check spellings of names, titles, departments, addresses and phone numbers.
- Complete the order; at the checkout, enter P-card information.
If your order is placed by Wednesday at 11 a.m. CT, it will be delivered to the UWF Post Office by the following Wednesday, excluding holidays (one week). The UWF Post Office will deliver orders to the building and room number specified via campus mail.
If your order is placed after Wednesday 11 a.m. CT, it will be delivered to the UWF Post Office on the second consecutive following Wednesday (two weeks).
Institutional Communications is able to provide official divisions, colleges, schools, departments, institutes, centers and select campus units a free digital letterhead template in a Microsoft Word file. Digital letterhead should be used solely for digital communication and should never be printed. Digital letterhead is subject to the same graphic standards as printed letterhead. Logo signatures, nameplates and other graphics are not permitted.
To obtain a custom digital template with your department’s contact details, fill out the Official UWF Digital Letterhead Request Form. There is no charge, however, please allow up to two weeks for delivery.
The background image within your digital letterhead containing your contact information will appear faded while editing in Word. After the body of the message is set, users should always save and distribute the file as a PDF. The header and footer will render correctly in the PDF version of the letterhead.
For questions concerning digital letterhead, email firstname.lastname@example.org.