Ethics in Business
The College of Business is proud to offer 11 exciting certificate programs. By clicking on the certificate program below, you can find out more information about each program, including program requirements and links to the certificate application.
A "Combined Rotary of Pensacola Ethics in Business Award" will be given Spring 2020 to one individual from the small business sector (49 or fewer employees) and one individual from the large business sector (50 or more employees) to recognize those who exemplify the concept of "service above self" and who work to build a positive sense of worth within both the business community and the broader community as a whole.
Nominees will be selected for the awards based on the following criteria:
- Adherence to the high ethical standards of honesty, integrity and consistency in dealing with employees, contractors and customers, while positively enhancing the economic well-being of the firm's stakeholders and providing jobs, opportunities and profits
- Participation in activities that are beneficial to the community beyond the provision of economic benefits
- Service as a leader or innovator in the firm's business sector
Those nominated for the award should adhere to the ethical standards established by the Rotary Four-Way Test:
- Is it the truth?
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it build goodwill and better friendship?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Nomination forms may be:
- Picked up at any Rotary Club in Santa Rosa or Escambia Counties or at the UWF College of Business, 11000 University Parkway, Pensacola, Bldg. 76A
- Printed from the Rotary International District 6940 web site at rotary6940.org
- Downloaded as a pdf file by clicking this link: ethics-nomination-form-2020 (PDF)
Completed nomination forms should be sent to Rick Fountain, UWF College of Business, 11000 University Parkway, Pensacola, FL 32514 (or fax to 850-474-2716). The deadline for nominations is March 20, 2020.
The award is sponsored by the Combined Rotary of Pensacola and the University of West Florida College of Business. For more information, contact Rick Fountain at 850-474-2866 or Ted Kirchharr, Combined Rotary of Pensacola, at 850-341-4674.
- Small Business: David Apple
- Large Business: Olevia McNally
- Small Business: Nan DeStafney
- Large Business: Buzz Ritchie
- Small Business: Connie Bookman
- Large Business: William J. Dunaway
- Small Business: Dick Appleyard
- Large Business: Dr. Judith Bense
- Small Business: Heidi Blair
- Large Business: Michael Murdoch
- Small Business: Andrea Krieger
- Large Business: Ted Kirchharr
- Small Business: Ron Gillette
- Large Business: Edwin "Buz" Eddy
- Small Business: Chris Jones
- Large Business: Quint and Rishy Studer
- Small Business: Ed Gray
- Large Business: Sandy Sansing
- Small Business: Joseph Carson
- Large Business: Donna Fassett
- Small Business: Malcolm Ballinger
- Large Business: Dr. Robert Harriman