Mission, Vision, Values
At the UWF College of Education and Professional Studies, we strive to provide a quality educational experience to all of our students. We achieve this goal through our Mission, Vision and Values.
The mission of the College of Education & Professional Studies is to:
- Deliver high-quality, impactful educational programs that purposefully engage students to prepare for professional success;
- Promote reputable and effective teaching strategies meeting the needs of students and the global community;
- Produce and support significant scholarly and creative research;
- Commit to community partnerships and service through meaningful initiatives
The vision of the College of Education and Professional Studies fosters a diverse, safe, and dynamic academic learning environment preparing students with life skills to meet the challenges of a contemporary, global society. Faculty, staff, students, and alumni dedicate themselves to positively impact their respective communities.
The values of the College of Education and Professional Studies - shared with stakeholders - are:
- Affinity: Preserving enduring and caring relationships among students, faculty, alumni, community and professional partners.
- Collaboration: Building cooperative internal and external interprofessional relationships to promote and achieve shared expectations and goals.
- Creativity: Nurturing a culture of learning and scholarship through transformational opportunities driven by original and innovative approaches.
- Entrepreneurship: Encouraging a culture that identifies opportunities to initiate change.
- Inclusiveness: Appreciating, valuing, and encouraging diverse perspectives, ideas, and experiences.
- Service: Devoting resources for the betterment of the college, university, and global community.