UWF Community Garden
Welcome! Please surf our site and contact us with any questions. We would love for you to be involved!
The Community Garden needs YOU!
Please join us for our next Garden Workday!
If you're interested in volunteering in the garden, please email honors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please come out and help keep the garden looking beautiful! Don't forget to bring bug spray and wear closed-toed shoes.
The UWF Community Garden is an active service project of the Kugelman Honors Program. It is open to the public, and we welcome anyone who shares our passion for digging in the dirt and growing things.
The garden helps to develop, cultivate, assess, and sustain a network of mutually beneficial community partnerships by cultivating a large and growing network of community partners who are committed to food sustainability, nutrition, and student development.
The purpose of the UWF Community Garden is to:
- Build community at UWF and in the surrounding region
- Help students develop leadership and community-building skills
- Teach UWF students, faculty, staff and others how to grow food locally and organically
- Encourage healthy eating by increasing access to fruits and vegetables
- Promote food sustainability and security by creating an alternative to the industrial system of food production
- Increase respect and concern for the natural world