UWF Community Garden
Welcome! Please surf our site and contact us with any questions. We would love for you to be involved!
The Community Garden needs YOU!
Please join us for our next Garden Workday!
The next weekend date is Sunday, February 19, 2023, from 10AM-Noon.
We also have workdays every Monday from 8-9:30AM and every Wednesday from 3:30-5PM
Please click the links below for the rest of the spring workday dates and Argos' Edible Campus Planting Days
Spring 2023 Weekend Workdays Spring 2023 Weekday Workdays Argos’ Edible Campus Planting Days
Please click HERE to sign up for a workday!
Please come out and help keep the garden looking beautiful! Don't forget to bring bug spray and wear close-toed shoes.
If you're interested in volunteering in the garden, please email Ms. Chasidy Hobbs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UWF Community Garden is an active service project of the Kugelman Honors Program. It is open to the public and we welcome anyone who shares our passion for digging in the dirt and growing things.
The garden helps to develop, cultivate, assess, and sustain a network of mutually beneficial community partnerships by cultivating a large and growing network of community partners who are committed to food sustainability, nutrition, and student development.
The purpose of the UWF Community Garden is to:
- Build community at UWF and in the surrounding region
- Help students develop leadership and community-building skills
- Teach UWF students, faculty, staff and others how to grow food locally and organically
- Encourage healthy eating by increasing access to fruits and vegetables
- Promote food sustainability and security by creating an alternative to the industrial system of food production
- Increase respect and concern for the natural world