Where Do I Start?
Once you are admitted to UWF, you can contact the Military & Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) for information on how to process your file for benefits.
Steps to Apply:
- Apply to the University.
- Identify your VA Educational Benefit Chapter.
- Apply for VA Educational Benefits via va.gov Account and complete the correct VA application.
- Provide MVRC with a copy of your confirmation number.
- Spouses and Dependents must also provide a copy of your Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB) to MVRC
- Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) upon receipt.
- Set up an appointment with your advisor, as they will assign you a registration PIN number so that you may register for your classes.
- Set up a VA file with the school's Military and Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) and certify your classes.
- Complete your monthly enrollment verification if you are under the W.A.V.E. while utilizing your Reserve GI Bill® and Montgomery GI Bill®.
- Submit the VA enrollment certification form (ECF) located on my.uwf.edu to certify your classes. THIS STEP MUST BE DONE EVERY SEMESTER YOU WANT TO USE YOUR BENEFITS. THE ECF IS THE ONLY WAY THE MVRC KNOWS TO SEND YOUR REQUEST TO THE VA.
First-time reservists should provide a copy of the Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE). If you paid additional contributions (kicker), submit one of the following: DD Form 2366; LES, if deductions are payroll deducted; or DD Form 1131, Cash Voucher.
If you have used your veterans benefits before but are new to UWF, then go to va.gov and complete the VA Form 22-1995 or 22-5495, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training. Print a copy of the confirmation page and bring to our office to transfer your benefits to UWF.
Once you are registered, EACH semester you MUST submit a VA enrollment certification request online via your myuwf account.