Internships and Field Experiences
In today's competitive job market, it helps to have practical experience in your field along with a degree. Several of our programs provide internship or field experience opportunities in local businesses. These applied learning experiences enable you to use your knowledge and skills in an actual workplace setting.
In addition to providing practical experience, they provide a contact base to use in jump-starting your job search when you graduate. Internships and field experiences look good on a resume, too. Employers know that job candidates who already have workplace experience will not require as much training and will be able to "hit the road running."
Students taking part in an internship or field experience:
- Must be enrolled at UWF for the duration of the Internship
- Are required to work only one semester in a particular internship experience
- Must complete requirements outlined by his or her Faculty Internship Advisor
- Are expected to comply with the employer's policies and notify supervisor if unable to work as scheduled
- Must notify the Faculty Internship Advisor if the internship ends early, or if significant changes in responsibilities or learning objectives occur
Faculty Internship Advisors for Instructional, Workforce and Applied Technology:
Building Construction Program
Dr. Aneurin "Nye" Grant
Phone: (850) 857-6451
Human Performance Technology
Dr. Nancy Hastings
Phone: (850) 474-3013
If you are interested in an internship or field experience, contact your academic advisor. For general questions about internships, you may also contact UWF Career Services at (850) 474-2254.