Center for Cybersecurity
The UWF Center for Cybersecurity is the regional hub for cybersecurity education and research, including multidisciplinary programs and certificates, research opportunities, outreach activities, and industry partnerships.
UWF has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security.
UWF is the NSA/DHS Center of Academic Excellence Regional Resource Center for Southeast
As the NSA/DHS Cybersecurity CAE Regional Resource Center for the Southeast, UWF provides leadership to advance cyber defense education among colleges and universities in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico and South Carolina.
UWF Center for Cybersecurity partners with Florida AST to enhance Florida’s cybersecurity resiliency
The University of West Florida Center for Cybersecurity partnered with the Florida Agency for State Technology to provide cutting-edge cybersecurity education and training for state agency personnel and position Florida as a leader in cybersecurity resiliency and workforce development.
The initial training commenced March 20 in Tallahassee and focused on cybersecurity awareness and fundamentals for AST personnel, state agency information security managers, and other information technology personnel.
NSA partners with UWF to accelerate cybersecurity degree completion for active military
Dr. Leonard Reinsfelder, Commandant, National Cryptologic School, NSA, and University of West Florida President Martha D. Saunders announced a partnership to accelerate completion of the undergraduate cybersecurity degree program for Joint Cyber Analysis Course graduates. UWF hosted the announcement on March 8 in Building 4.
Seeking cybersecurity leaders to join our team
The UWF Center for Cybersecurity is hiring to meet its growing demand. Learn more about our job openings.
In the News
- March 20, 2018 | PNJ| Capital Soup| UWF Press Release
- UWF Center for Cybersecurity partners with the Florida AST to enhance Florida's cyber resiliency
- March 19, 2018 | PNJ
- UWF touts Gulf Coast's cybersecurity achievements in Washington, DC
- March 12, 2018 | Federal News Radio
- Gulf Coast cyber efforts rolling into Washington
UWF Center for Cybersecurity Blog
- February 25, 2018 14:00Pine Forest High CyberPatriot team places fourth in national competition
- January 31, 2018 13:30Cybersecurity ambassadors share their expertise with K-12 students
- November 18, 2017 18:00Teenagers dazzle Congressman Gaetz at Congressional App Challenge on UWF campus