Center for Cybersecurity
The UWF Center for Cybersecurity is the regional hub for cybersecurity education and research, including multidisciplinary programs and certificates, research opportunities, outreach activities, and industry partnerships.
UWF has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security.
UWF is the NSA/DHS Center of Academic Excellence Regional Resource Center for Southeast
As the NSA/DHS Cybersecurity CAE Regional Resource Center for the Southeast, UWF provides leadership to advance cyber defense education among colleges and universities in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico and South Carolina.
UWF Center for Cybersecurity partners with Department of State to train elections officials
The University of West Florida Center for Cybersecurity partnered with the Florida Department of State and election officials across Florida to provide training for supervisors of elections and key personnel to enhance cybersecurity resiliency ahead of the 2018 elections.
UWF hosts the only GenCyber camps in Florida
The UWF Center for Cybersecurity hosted the only National Security Agency/National Science Foundation GenCyber summer camps in the state for high school students and middle and high school teachers on June 25-29 and July 9-13.
NSA partners with UWF to accelerate cybersecurity degree completion
Dr. Leonard Reinsfelder, Commandant, National Cryptologic School, NSA, and UWF President Martha D. Saunders announced on March 8 a partnership to accelerate completion of the undergraduate cybersecurity degree program for Joint Cyber Analysis Course graduates.
The Center for Cybersecurity offers scholarships to undergraduates in Cybersecurity-related majors.
In the News
- July 18, 2018 | PNJ| WEAR-TV| UWF Press Release
- UWF student honored with international scholarship for women in cybersecurity
- July 16, 2018 | InWeekly| UWF Press Release
- UWF pilots Florida's first hacking defense course
- July 15, 2018 | Homeland Security News Wire| PNJ| WUWF| WTSP| UWF Press Release
- University of West Florida partners with state and local election officials to enhance cybersecurity preparations
UWF Center for Cybersecurity Blog
- July 16, 2018 15:30UWF hosts only GenCyber camps in Florida
- June 12, 2018 13:00Southeast cybersecurity experts collaborate to advance cyber defense education
- May 29, 2018 13:00Future in Army cyber branch awaits UWF alumna