Our AACSB accredited MBA is designed for the time-constrained working professional, with a comprehensive integrated curriculum geared toward current business practices.
The program assures participants of course availability, fixed schedules, a specified start date and a specified finish date. For those without a business study background, combining the MBA Program with the Accelerated MBA Foundations makes it possible for the qualified applicant to complete the MBA at UWF in no more than two years.
The program admits applicants who will commit to taking two courses per semester in a prescribed sequence. Thus, we build a cohort of participants that track through the program at the same rate and take the same course load. This results in developing a comfortable working relationship with other members of your "cohort". In addition, the student-to-student learning, the personal interaction that occurs between experienced professionals, will be enhanced.
At the end of a student's MBA program, a completed MBA portfolio must be presented to the MBA Director in order to receive a degree.
Areas of Emphasis
Students may choose to add an area of emphasis to their MBA. An MBA degree with a specialization becomes a 33-36 semester hour program, depending on the area of emphasis.
*Note: All coursework for specializations (except for Hospitality & Tourism Leadership) is online and may not be available in all states. If you are an out-of-state student, please review our State Authorization Status to confirm that the program is available in your state.
Transcripts and coursework history are reviewed to determine if MBA foundational proficiencies have been met. The absence of MBA foundational proficiencies does not necessarily preclude students from admission to the program. Your advisor will discuss your options for completing foundational proficiencies.
The MBA Office reviews previous coursework for the following content areas:
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Micro- and Macro-Economics
- Corporate Finance
- Management Information Systems/e-Business
- Business Calculus
All courses must be approved by an MBA advisor. A grade of “B” or better is required in foundation proficiencies, which may be taken as undergraduate courses, or as accelerated MBA foundations. Pre-matriculation proficiency is expected in communications (oral and written) and in computer application packages (word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, Web browsing).
In addition to the University graduate admission requirements, the department bases decisions for regular admission on a holistic review of credentials in which the criteria listed below are used to assess the potential success of each applicant.
- Submission of Graduate Application and Processing Fee
- Submission of official transcripts
*International students may have additional requirements.
- Attain a minimum score of 450 or better on the GMAT or attain an equivalent GRE score. Admission test score waivers apply to applicants who meet the department’s waiver criteria. Review your eligibility for an admission test score waiver
- Furnish a current resume
- Submit statement of educational objectives as indicated on application
- Furnish two signed letters of recommendation (academic or professional)
- Provide documentation for immunization requirements
- Meet with an MBA Advisor (email: email@example.com) by contacting the MBA Office, 850.474.3124, for an appointment prior to beginning the program
- Provide answers to the following essay questions:
- Why did you choose UWF's MBA program to pursue your educational objectives?
- Describe personal and professional achievements within the last five years which indicate your potential for a successful business career.
- What career are you considering?
- Provide any other relevant information to support your application.
- List the names, positions, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of the two persons you have asked to submit letters of recommendation in support of your MBA application.
- Portfolio Instructions (pdf)
- Course Catalog
- Business-Administration-Curriculum Map
Accredited by AACSB International
We are accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide have earned this symbol of the highest standard in management education.