Master's Application Procedures
Please review the following graduate program admission procedures carefully. Should you have any questions, contact the Graduate Advising Office at 850.474.3395.
*Note: the master’s degree programs in Educational Leadership Certification and Curriculum & Instruction have special extended application deadlines.
Step 1: Preparation
- Review admission requirements
- Review the UWF Graduate School admission process
- Note the deadlines for application submission
- Contact the TEEL Graduate Advising Office at email@example.com with questions
Step 2: Application
- Complete the UWF Graduate School online application
- NOTE: International students must complete the International Student Graduate Application
- Pay the application fee online or by mail
Step 3: Transcripts
- Arrange to have one official copy of all college transcripts sent directly to The University of West Florida, Graduate School, Attention: Graduate Admissions, 11000 University Parkway, Building 11, Pensacola, FL 32514-5750
- Transcripts for work completed at UWF will be obtained by the Office of Admissions
- If you have any questions about your transcripts, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office.
Step 4: Exam
- Applicants with a bachelor's GPA below 3.0 (or below 3.25 for the Educational Leadership M.Ed. program) should register to take the GRE General Test or MAT and have official scores sent to UWF OR have official scores from a previously taken but current (within five years) GRE or MAT forwarded by the testing agency to The University of West Florida, Graduate School, Attention: Graduate Admissions, 11000 University Parkway, Building 11, Pensacola, FL 32514-5750
- Find Information about GRE preparation courses and resources on Reviews.com GRE Prep Courses page.
Step 5: Advising and Registration
- Upon admission, you will receive official notification from the university and the Department of Teacher Education and Educational Leadership, which will include steps for moving forward with academic advising and registration.
Step 6: Tk20 and Disposition Assessments (For Educational Leadership M.Ed. and Reading Education M.Ed. only)
- By the fifth week of the first semester of graduate studies, the following must be completed:
- Purchase of a subscription to the Department of Teacher Education and Educational Leadership's assessment system, Tk20. The Tk20 Support page offers helpful information on how to do this.
- Completion the Professional Education Applicant Disposition Self-rating Scale within Tk20
- Completion of the Professional Education Applicant Disposition Scale by those individuals you identified as professional references (the Graduate Advising Office will contact those individuals with instructions)