Sea3D Additive Manufacturing Laboratory
Part of the UWF Haas Center, Sea3D serves as a hub for multidisciplinary research, invention and discovery in the high-demand field of additive manufacturing, providing a space for real-world problems to be transformed into creative solutions. It is located inside the Museum of Commerce at 201 E. Zaragoza St. Housing state-of-the-art additive equipment, Sea3D provides a space for students, business leaders and community members to collaborate on the creation and printing of 3-D products. It also puts real-world science on display for the thousands of local K-12 students who visit the Museum of Commerce each year.
Haas Center's Industrial Innovation and COVID-19
As a shortage of face shields for healthcare workers grips the state in the battle against COVID-19, the University of West Florida responded by asking the Haas Center to manufacture, manage and distribute 3D-printed face shield supplies at its Sea3D. Healthcare providers may request the shield kits by completing an online form below and satisfying the conditions of acceptance. Priority is given to local nonprofit healthcare providers serving at risk populations including the elderly, low income and the homeless. The production team consists of innovators from multiple departments at UWF, including nursing, engineering, art and business. UWF students and faculty will work alongside professionals from Baptist Health, the Escambia County Division of Emergency Management, Jupiter Bach, GE Renewable Energy and Alto Products Corp.
Donors wishing to support the Haas Center's industrial innovation team, may donate to the Haas Center. Donations of materials including 1.75mm PLA Filament may be delivered on weekdays to the Haas Center at 212 Church Street, Pensacola Florida 32502. One kilogram of filament will print 33 shields.
Important Distribution Information
- Due to high demand, donations will be restricted to health systems in our region. We are not able to fill personal requests for face shields at this time.
- Each healthcare provider will be required to authorize a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) before receiving a Face Shield Kit. The file may be downloaded here: Face Shield Memorandum of Understanding
- Return the signed MOU to HaasCenter@uwf.edu.
- Once the document is received and fully executed, the Haas Center will email each organization's Point of Contact (POC) an invitation to pick up the face shield kits on a specific date.
- Ensure your organization has a single POC that will pick up the face shields.
Learn. Design. Invent
Launched as part of the Innovation Network, the facility serves as a hub for multidisciplinary research, invention and discovery in the high-demand field of additive manufacturing, providing a space for real-world problems to be transformed into creative solutions. It is located inside the UWF Historic Trust’s Museum of Commerce at 201 E. Zaragoza St.
The University of West Florida Innovation Network connects physical campus destinations along the Gulf Coast of Northwest Florida for innovation, collaboration, research and engaged learning to prepare students for the changing world and workforce of tomorrow.