Fall 2020 Move-In
We are looking forward to your arrival on campus. Please review the information below to learn more about what to expect when you move into your residence hall. All information listed below is subject to change pending new guidance from the Florida Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Please return to this page for any updates and check your UWF student email account regularly.
Your Health and Wellness In Mind
UWF Housing is enhancing health and safety measures for residents through the following protocols:
- Move-In will be expanded to a full week (Aug. 17–21), during which a drive-through process will be established.
- Before move-in, each residence hall will undergo an extensive deep cleaning.
- Residence hall common areas will be cleaned several times a day in compliance with enhanced CDC cleaning protocols.
- Residents are only allowed to bring two individuals to help with the move in process. Those two individuals will be given visitor ID tags to wear during their time helping. If multiple vehicles are used, only the vehicle with the resident should go through the central check-in site.
- The updated visitation policy of only allowing UWF students, staff or faculty as guests of residents will go into effect after your day of move-in.
- The number of residents in the lounges and other common spaces will be limited to no more than 10 people.
- No more than two people are allowed in an elevator at any given time.
- Health, wellness and prevention promotional materials will be posted throughout each residence hall.
- Residents, families and staff in residence halls are expected to comply with campus regulations regarding social distancing and face coverings.
- All residential spaces, including common spaces, have been evaluated for maximum occupancy under social distancing. These limits are posted throughout the residence halls. Students are required to follow the new capacity numbers.
- No gatherings are permitted in residence hall shared spaces (lobbies, study rooms, laundry rooms, etc.) that exceed stated occupancy limits.
- Students only have ID card access to their residence hall. This minimizes cut-through traffic in residential spaces.
- Consider packing these items related to COVID-19:
- Cloth face coverings
- Hand sanitizer
- Hand soap
- Disinfectant and cleaning products (sprays and/or wipes)
- If applicable and possible, an extra month supply of any prescription or over-the-counter medications (i.e., acetaminophen, ibuprofen, etc.)
- Any resources needed to complete coursework remotely
Before You Arrive
In order to maintain safety and social distancing, the Fall 2020 Move-In is being extended to cover from August 17—21. Please review the COVID-19 Addendum to the Housing Contract and the University's Return to Campus Plan before making your plans.
Schedule your move-in time
Fall move-in will take place by appointment only. If you have not already scheduled your move-in appointment, you may do so by logging into MyUWF and searching Housing Contracts and Services. Once you select a move-in appointment, an email will be sent to you confirming the time and date and will contain additional information. The check-in time is to complete the centralized check-in process only. You are not expected to complete move during that hour.
The time blocks are as follows:
|Monday, August 17||2—3 p.m., 3–4 p.m. and 4–5 p.m.|
|Tuesday, August 18||9–10 a.m., 10–11 a.m., 11 a.m.–noon, 2–3 p.m., 3–4 p.m. and 4–5 p.m.|
|Wednesday, August 19||9–10 a.m., 10–11 a.m., 11 a.m.–noon, 2–3 p.m., 3–4 p.m. and 4–5 p.m.|
|Thursday, August 20||9–10 a.m., 10–11 a.m., 11 a.m.–noon, 2–3 p.m., 3–4 p.m. and 4–5 p.m.|
|Friday, August 21||9–10 a.m., 10–11 a.m., 11 a.m.–noon, 2–3 p.m., 3–4 p.m. and 4–5 p.m.|
Notes about schedule
- The time blocks are limited in order to space people out and keep social distancing.
- The form will only display available time slots. Please be prepared with backup options.
- If you cannot check-in by August 21, you will need to complete a Late Arrival form after you complete the Pre-Check In Emergency Information.
Complete Pre-Check In form
As part of the pre-check in process you will need to verify or update your emergency contact information. This form collects important information about a student's plan in the event of emergency campus closing (i.e., hurricane, severe weather, etc.) and if quarantine or isolation is required from exposure to COVID-19.
Decide what to bring
- Review the What to Bring List.
- Please consider reducing the amount of personal belongings you bring with you to campus. Doing so will help ensure you have a quick and easy unloading process.
- Due to the potential of moving into an isolation space on campus if you receive a positive COVID-19 test result, we suggest you bring a bag packed with approximately 14 days’ worth of clothing, toiletries and any other necessities you may need during this time.
In order to provide a physically distanced and efficient move-in experience, please review the following information:
- Plan your visit to arrive during your scheduled check-in time. You are not expected to completely finish move during this hour, only the initial check-in portion.
- All traffic is encouraged to enter the University via the University Pkwy. entrance. Refer to the traffic flow maps for directions to centralized check-in and residence hall locations.
- When you arrive on campus, you’ll need to go directly to the centralized check-in location. Residents will be issued room key, temporary parking pass and other check-in materials including a welcome kit that contains a face covering, no touch tool, thermometer and hand sanitizer.
- After check-in is complete, you will drive to the designated unloading zone for your residence hall. Do not park in fire lanes, service vehicle parking, or reserved parking at any time during move-in.
- Move vehicles to designated parking once items are unloaded.
- Unloading assistance will not be available.
- All residents are encouraged to bring their own move-in supplies if possible, such as carts, dollies, or hand trucks. Limited carts will be available for use at the building front desk.
- Each student can bring up to two (2) family members or guests to assist with moving belongings. Do not bring anyone with you who may be sick or considered at risk.
- All individuals will be required to wear a face covering while on campus.
What should I expect during the centralized check-in process?
The check-in process will be a drive-through model. Upon arrival to campus, residents will proceed directly to the centralized check-in location during their scheduled arrival time. There will be three stations residents must visit during this process:
At this station, staff will confirm that you are moving in during your approved appointment time. This station will also have you complete the Move-In Pass if you have not completed it before arrival. Residents will not be able to move into their residence hall until their designated arrival time. If you arrive before your arrival time, you will be asked to come back at your designated time. This is to maintain helath and safety protocals during move-in process.
Emergency Info Checkers
At this station, staff will confirm that you have completed your Emergency Information Form related to Hurricane and COVID-19 emergencies. All residents should complete form before making an appointment to move in.
At this final station, staff will give the resident their room key and also a kit of personal protective equipment, including a cloth face covering.
After going through these stations, students are able to go to their community and unpack at their room. Students and guests are not permitted to block entrances or pathways, nor drive up on the sidewalk or grounds with their vehicles. Vehicles should either move to a parking space and unload or unload at the sidewalk, leave the resident/guest with items, then move their vehicle.
Maps and Directions
All traffic is encouraged to enter the University via the University Pkwy. entrance. Interactive and downloadable maps for the UWF Pensacola campus and other locations are available online.
- Centralized Check-In Site (Parking Lot B)
- Martin Hall
- Presidents Hall and Heritage Hall
- Pace Hall
- Argo Hall
- Village East
- Village West