Request for Cancellation of UWF Housing Contract
Please review the following information before submitting your request:
- This request may only be submitted by the resident student who is the legal contract holder.
- We can not render a decision at the time of request.
- Not all requests will be approved.
- Please allow at least 14 business days for a decision. Decision will be sent to the e-mail address you provide us.
- If approved and in accordance with the contract terms and conditions, you may be subject to contract cancellation fees, prorated rent, damage fees or lost key fees.
- Do not sign a lease off campus while you are in the contract cancellation process.
- You may be contacted by the Housing Office for additional information.
Approved reasons to cancel are as follows:
- Denied Admission
- Not attending UWF
- Withdrawn from all classes & the date of withdrawal (must be fully withdrawn)
- Transferring to another school & the name of the university/college (must provide proof of transfer)
- Students called to active duty/training (must provide military orders)
- Academically Suspended & the date of suspension
- Participation in an Internship/Co-Op, Study Abroad Program, Student Teaching Assignment not in Escambia, Fl or Santa Rosa County, Fl and the name of your program (must provide proof of internship)
- One semester international Exchange or IEP student
If you do not meet these reasons you will select "OTHER" on the request form. Requests submitted under the "other" option will be denied if it does not meet the terms and conditions of the contract. You will have the option of entering into the Appeals Process. Details will be in your response e-mail. Do not sign a lease off campus while you are in the contract cancellation appeals process.
We encourage Residents to visit the Housing Central Office, Building 19, and ask to speak to a Housing Staff Member. We are available to answer questions or provide clarification of the housing contract. Our staff are available Monday-Friday, 8a-5p or by e-mailing email@example.com.
You may request contract cancellation using the link below: