Public Health, M.P.H.
The Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) is offered entirely online and provides students with a high quality, multidisciplinary perspective on public health to prepare them to be public health professionals. The required and elective courses offer students the opportunity to tailor their degree to best fit their career goals in public health. The M.P.H. is allied with several academic centers/certificate programs that broaden the educational opportunities available to students in the program.
Close relationships with the state public health facilities in the region as well as with area hospitals and the military provide a strong foundation in the health care and public health communities for enhancing and broadening the internship opportunities for students in the program.
The M.P.H. degree is currently featured on the Council on Education for Public Health's (CEPH) website as an example of best practices for online programs in public health.
In addition to the University graduate admission requirements described in the Graduate Admissions section of the UWF graduate catalog, the applicant must meet the minimum departmental admission requirements for regular admission.
• Submission of Graduate Application and Processing Fee
• Submission of official transcripts
*International students may have additional requirements.
• Submission of official GRE Verbal score of at least 450 and Quantitative score of at least 550 or equivalent GRE percentile performance under the new testing platform; OR official GMAT - minimum score 465; OR official MCAT - minimum score 25
• Possess basic computer competency
• Submission of statement of Career Goals
• Submission of two personal writing samples (e.g., written reports completed by the applicant or other representative samples of professional writing skills)
• Submission of three letters of recommendation
Certain graduate programs have earlier application deadlines. Check with the graduate department for departmental specific deadlines.