Geographic Information Science (GIS), M.S.A.
The M.S.A. with a specialization in Geographic Information Science (GIS) is an interdisciplinary degree offered entirely online. The program of study is designed to prepare students for leadership roles involving the use of GIS in public, nonprofit, and private organizations.
Graduate students in Geographic Information Science (GIS) at UWF will become technically proficient in a variety of geospatial technologies through hands–on instruction. The program focuses on advanced skill development in computational modeling and management decision support and will address the growing need for GIS developers, managers, and analysts.
In addition to the University graduate admission requirements described in the Graduate Admissions section of the catalog, the department bases decisions for regular admission on a holistic review of credentials in which the criteria listed below are used to assess the potential success of each applicant.
• Submission of Graduate Application and Processing Fee
• Submission of official transcripts
*International students may have additional requirements.
• Submission of graduate admission tests: GRE , MAT, or GMAT
• Undergraduate cumulative GPA
• Undergraduate senior year/major GPA
• Submission of letter of intent describing work experience and reasons for pursuing the degree program, including how the degree relates to career goals
• Submission of three recommendation forms (PDF)
Certain graduate programs have earlier application deadlines. Check with the graduate department for departmental specific deadlines.