Communication Arts, M.A.
The Department of Communication Arts features an MA in Strategic Communication and Leadership. The program reflects the latest research in our field, embracing a 360-degree perspective on using communication effectively in organizational advocacy, decision-making, strategy-building, innovative message design, image management and ongoing improvement.
This innovative program emphasizes in-depth knowledge of communication theory, research, strategies and practice. It recognizes that the current communication environment is dynamic, complex and has become increasingly challenging to manage. The MA in Strategic Communication and Leadership grounds communication policy and practice in correctly identifying public, organizational and promotional challenges with an eye toward formulating communication solutions that advance changes in knowledge, beliefs, attitudes and behaviors in public audiences. The program features an optional graduate-level certificate in Health Communication Leadership, one of the fields with greatest growth in the country. All courses in the certificate program count toward the master's degree.
Strategic Communication and Leadership
Health Communication Leadership
In addition to the University graduate admission requirements described in the Graduate Admissions section of the UWF graduate catalog, the applicant must meet the minimum departmental admission requirements.
• Submission of Graduate Application and Processing Fee
• Submission of official transcripts
*International students may have additional requirements.
• Official GRE Verbal score of at least 152 and Analytical Writing score of at least a 4.0, OR official MAT minimum of 413, OR official GMAT minimum of 400
• Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4-point scale
• Undergraduate degree in related field
• Submission of Departmental Admission Application
• Submission of two letters of reference
• Submission of current curriculum vita (CV) / resume.