Ethics in Business Award
"This award recognizes business leaders who adhere to high ethical standards in their business practices reflected in the Rotary Four-Way Test," said Dr. Ed Ranelli, Professor and Dean Emeritus of the UWF College of Business. "It highlights the importance of honesty, integrity and fairness in dealing with employees, customers and other stakeholders to the business success of an enterprise and to the economic well-being of the Northwest Florida community."
A "Combined Rotary of Pensacola Ethics in Business Award" will be given Spring 2014 to one individual from the small business sector (49 or fewer employees) and one individual from the large business sector (50 or more employees) to recognize those who exemplify the concept of "service above self" and who work to build a positive sense of worth within both the business community and the broader community as a whole.
Nominees will be selected for the awards based on the following criteria:
- Adherence to the high ethical standards of honesty, integrity and consistency in dealing with employees, contractors and customers, while positively enhancing the economic well-being of the firm's stakeholders and providing jobs, opportunities and profits
- Participation in activities that are beneficial to the community beyond the provision of economic benefits
- Service as a leader or innovator in the firm's business sector
Those nominated for the award should adhere to the ethical standards established by the Rotary Four-Way Test:
- Is is the truth?
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it build goodwill and better friendship?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Nomination forms may be:
- picked up at any Rotary Club in Santa Rosa or Escambia Counties or at the UWF College of Business, 11000 University Parkway, Pensacola, Bldg. 76A
- printed from the Rotary International District 6940 web site at rotary6940.org
- downloaded as a pdf file by clicking this link: ethics-nomination-form-2015 (PDF)
Completed nomination forms should be sent to Dr. Ed Ranelli, UWF College of Business, 11000 University Parkway, Pensacola, FL 32514. The deadline for nominations is April 1, 2015.
The award is sponsored by the Combined Rotary of Pensacola and the University of West Florida College of Business. For more information, contact Dean Emeritus Ed Ranelli at 850-474-2348 or Ted Kirchharr, Combined Rotary of Pensacola, at 850-266-6192.
- Small Business: Heidi Blair
- Large Business: Michael Murdoch
- Small Business: Andrea Krieger
- Large Business: Ted Kirchharr
- Small Business: Ron Gillette
- Large Business: Edwin "Buz" Eddy
- Small Business: Chris Jones
- Large Business: Quint and Rishy Studer
- Small Business: Ed Gray
- Large Business: Sandy Sansing
- Small Business: Joseph Carson
- Large Business: Donna Fassett
- Small Business: Malcolm Ballinger
- Large Business: Dr. Robert Harriman