How to Apply to the Graduate Program
Information for Applicants to the Graduate Nursing Program
Requirements for regular admission to a master's program: Each applicant shall be required to meet minimum University requirements.
- An earned Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an NLN or CCNE accredited nursing program with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale OR a 3.0 (GPA) on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours of coursework on the BSN.
- Completion of the Graduate School Admissions Application.
- Send official transcripts from ALL undergraduate and graduate institutions that the applicant has attended to the Graduate Admissions Office.
- Students who, for academic or disciplinary reasons, are not eligible to register in the college or university last attended will not be admitted for graduate study.
- Possess and provide current unencumbered Registered Nurse license to practice nursing in a state or territory of the United States.*
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume is required. *
- FNP applicants must submit a career goals statement that includes a narrative writing of your future career plans (where you hope to see yourself professionally in the next 5-10 years) and should be an example of your writing skills. References are not necessary. Submission should be typed and between 150-200 words.
- Approval by the Nursing Department Graduate Admissions Committee.*
- If an applicant is unable to meet the above criteria, they may petition the Nursing Department Graduate Admissions Committee and request a special review.
* These items must be sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office.
Not all states authorize online programs, if you are residing outside of Florida you will want to check the status of your state's acceptance of this program: http://uwf.edu/online/out-of-state-students/state-authorization/
Please note that upon admission the MSN student will receive information concerning UWF Nursing Department requirements for enrollment. These include, but are not limited to student health physical examination and immunizations; fingerprinting; Level 2 criminal background check; drug screen; provide proof of professional liability insurance; and provide proof of personal health insurance.
Questions? Please contact Dr. Angela Blackburn at (850) 473-7760 or email@example.com