Congratulations! You have completed the requirements for your undergraduate degree and now are considering graduate school. The Department of Psychology at UWF is a great place to continue your educational and professional journey. This is an exciting time; you are considering your options, working on submitting applications, and looking toward the future. While it is very exciting it can also be very overwhelming. This guide will make the application process with the Department of Psychology a little less stressful.
In order to be considered for admission into the Master of Psychology program applicants must meet both the University graduate admission requirements as well as department requirements, which will be explained in more detail.
A complete application includes the following materials submitted by February 1st (or October 1st or May 1st for the Counseling Program) to be considered for admission:
- The online UWF Graduate Admissions Application and fee payment
- Official transcripts from every institution you have attended
- Must be sent directly from the institutions to Graduate Admissions
- GRE scores
- Allow 3 weeks for official scores to be received from ETS; our institution code is 5833
- An applicant's copy of their scores may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org while awaiting official scores
- Letter of Intent (500-1000 words) should provide:
- A narrative about why you've chosen your career path,
- Your post-graduation professional goals, and
- Your rationale regarding how our UWF program can facilitate these goals.
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one must be from a faculty member
Submit letters of intention and recommendation via email to email@example.com. Any application materials that cannot be submitted electronically should be mailed to Graduate Admissions at the following address:
The University of West Florida
11000 University Pkwy., Bldg 11
Pensacola, FL 32514-5750