Mission and Vision
The Student Affairs Planning, Research and Assessment department's role is to advance UWF's mission, vision, and priorities by assisting the Division of Student Affairs with assessment, planning and research activities in an effort to guide data-informed decision-making.
The University of West Florida will embody a culture of evidence demonstrated by systematic evaluation and assessment of student learning that is used to guide decision-making throughout the institution.
Statement of Ethical Assessment Practices
- The SAAPR office will ensure privacy and confidentiality of all students, faculty and staff involved in research and/or assessment activities.
- SAAPR will adhere to published standards for confidentiality, including but not limited to FERPA.
- Staff members will recognize and avoid personal conflicts of interest or the appearance thereof in their work.
- SAAPR will ensure all funds are managed in accordance with established and responsible accounting and fiscal policies.
- SAAPR will seek IRB approval for all human subject studies, and will regularly purge identifiable information collected about participants as consistent with institutional and federal guidelines.
Programming provided by the SAAPR office is grounded in student development theory, and adheres to published assessment frameworks and guidelines put forth by entities such as the Council for the Advancement of Standards (CAS) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
The office provides professional development opportunities for staff to increase internal capacity to perform valid, systematic assessment of Student Affairs programs and activities. Such professional development activities include:
- Student learning outcome development/assessment
- Department/program specific assistance
- Support program/departmental assessment efforts
- Instrument identification
- Data analysis
- Reporting on institutional website
- Create/coordinate Assessment Plan for division of Student Affairs
- Needs analysis
- Divisional student learning outcome assessment
- Reporting to internal and external audiences
- Provide leadership for Student Affairs Assessment Team