The Video Item content type posts videos to your page (respectively) when paired with a placeholder.
At a Glance
- Requires Placeholder: Yes
- Placement: Almost anywhere
- Special Setup: None
- Image Sizes:
- Thumbnail: 237 x 178px
- Resolution: 72. This is absolutely essential! Using print quality images (300+) will cause your page to load slowly or not at all.
The Video Item content type is still pending some of the more modern updates the "Video" content type has already received. This means the URL needed for a gallery of videos varies slightly.
- YouTube support ONLY
- Uses the "Embed" URL
The URL can be found within the "Embed" code generated by YouTube. This will look similar to:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eh9lw4Un7mQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The entire iframe code isn't necessary, instead just copy the URL from the "src" area:
Media Gallery: Video Item contains the following elements:
- Name - Used in Sitemanager only. This does NOT show up on your webpage.
- Title - In this content type, title is used as an image caption in the gallery.
- Video Reference - Use this to input the video URL from YouTube.
- Thumbnail - Media galleries require a smaller thumbnail image as a preview.
- Teaser Text - Text that appears under the full size image in the gallery slider.
- Date - Use this to denote the date the image was added or created.