This collection is designed for listing out multiple links to documents.
This collection is currently undergoing some improvements. As such, only one demonstration is provided, as others may be obsolete soon.
The newest addition to this set of content types is "List: Document [Automatic]." It uses a single content type to automatically generate a full list of clickable/downloadable documents from the media library. This is meant to replace "List: General" which would require a piece of content per link and could require a lot of tedious and monotonous work to maintain if you had a very long list.
At a Glance
- Requires Placeholder: No
- Placement: Almost anywhere
- Special Setup: None
- Image Sizes: n/a
List: Documents [Automatic] contains the following elements:
- Name - Used in Sitemanager only. This does NOT show up on your webpage.
- Headline - Use this field to describe the contents of the list.
- Media Item - Select any media item in a particular folder, and the CMS wil automatically organize EVERY other item in that folder into a list of links, sorted by name.
List: Documents [Automatic]: Example
This is an example of an automatically-generated list. It uses a directory from within the Media Library (in this case, the Photo Collection) and formats a list of links for each document in that directory. If you need multiple lists, they must be organized into multiple directories.
- *About Testing Banner 1
- *Academics 1 Test Banner 1
- *Academics 1 Test Banner 2
- *Academics 1 Test Feature 1
- *Academics 2 Test Banner 1
- *Academics 2 Test Feature 1
- *Academics 2 Test Feature 2
- *Campus Life 1 Test Banner 1
- *Campus Life 1 Test Feature 1
- *Campus Life 2 Test Banner 1
- *Campus Life 2 Test Feature 1
- 1280 x 720
- Arch Picture
- Banner Image - Calendar
- Banner Test
- Campus Life Icon
- Diploma Icon
- Splash Icon
- Stock Image 1280x495