Blog Content Types
The Blog content types provide the tools necessary to post articles, generate an RSS Feed, and feature the feed throughout your site.
The Blog content type(s) allow you to post articles, stories, updates, how-tos, etc to the web. The main content type will automatically generate a secondary webpage. This means that you do not need to create sub-sections for each item.
At a Glance
- Requires Placeholder: Yes
- Placement: Any Section
- Special Setup: Yes
- Image Sizes: --
The Tips & Tricks area of this guide demonstrates a practical use for the content type. The information in that section is collected and turned into an RSS feed which can be seen in the left column throughout the guide.
There are also some examples of some capabilities of the blog within this section, with the exception of RSS. To get this content type on your site takes very little setup or maintenance, however, the RSS feed must be setup by Web Services. If you are interested in this, please contact Christina in Web Services.
Blog Entry contains the following elements:
- Name - Used in Sitemanager only. This does NOT show up on your webpage.
- Headline - This will be your content heading (<h2>). Larger, bold text with extra spacing.
- Author - Field to credit the blog post's author.
- Email Address - Field that properly formats an email address link.
- Release Date - Field to note the blog post's date.
- Teaser Text - Paragraph callout text meant to describe your page or content.
- Blog Content - The main area for your content. In this case, the blog post content.
- Image - Use this to select an image from the Media Library.
- Image Caption - Describe your image here, this is very helpful for accessible images.
- Featured? - If you are using the Featured Placeholder, checking this will place your post at the top.
- Dividing Bar - Helps to separate pieces of content.