UWF Event Calendar
Institutional Communications manages the UWF Event Calendar, which provides a one-stop resource of event information for students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni and the local community.
Visit events.uwf.edu to see upcoming University events and activities on the Pensacola Campus, UWF Emerald Coast, UWF's downtown Pensacola facilities and the UWF Historic Trust.
Events can be submitted to the calendar through the UWF Event Calendar Submission Form. For the most effective promotion, we recommend submitting events six to eight weeks in advance. Institutional Communications utilizes the UWF Event Calendar to select events to pitch to local media on a weekly basis in an effort to garner exposure for University events and activities.
Prior to submission, all events need approval from the head of your department, division or unit. Institutional Communications reviews all event calendar submissions before they appear on the calendar to ensure consistency and prevent duplications. Please allow up to 72 hours for your event to appear on the calendar. For additional information, contact email@example.com. If an update or change needs to be made to your submission or live event on the UWF Event Calendar, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
UWF Event Calendar Guidelines
Events submitted to the UWF Event Calendar must meet the following guidelines - failure to do so will delay the event approval process:
- Events must be associated with the University, such as programs sponsored by UWF colleges, schools or departments, campus events hosted by recognized student organizations, large public events at University venues, or public meeting notices.
- The appropriate department or division head must approve all events before they are submitted by UWF faculty or staff members.
- Submissions must include a description with relevant event information.
- Submissions must include a date, time and location in the event description section of the form. Date, time and location must accurately reflect respected fields and event description.
- Submissions must be event-oriented; news or announcements are not appropriate for inclusion. Campus news and announcements should be submitted to the @UWF Faculty and Staff newsletter.
- Announcements regarding application deadlines, recurring classes/courses, or departmental staff meetings will not be accepted for submission.
- Events can be submitted to the UWF Event Calendar through the Event Calendar Submission Form or by clicking “Add Event” on the UWF Event Calendar.
- Event titles must be 150 characters or less when submitting events through the submission form.
- Visit Event Calendar Submission Form Instructions for step-by-step guidance and more information on how to submit events to the UWF Event Calendar through the submission form.
- If an update or change needs to be made to your submission, do not submit another submission form. Please contact email@example.com with the name of the event and the change needed. If the submission is approved, you will receive an email with a link to the event on the UWF Event Calendar.
Special Event Feeds and Pages
- Public meeting notices will automatically feed into the UWF Public Meetings webpage as approved for the UWF Event Calendar. To submit a public meeting notice, as required by the Florida Sunshine Law, under Event Group - Priority on the submission form, select Meetings for the calendar and Public Meeting Notice for the event type. Be sure to answer yes to Is the general public invited to this event? under Additional Info.
- For "research" events to display on the RAE Research Event Feed on the RAE homepage, please be sure to add the tag "research" to the tag field in the event submission form. Do not add quotation marks to the tag in the form.