Tom St. Myer
- News and Publicity Director
Tom St. Myer serves as the News and Publicity Director for Institutional Communications, where he collaborates with University faculty, staff and students to identify news and publicity opportunities. He develops strategic recommendations and proactively and strategically pitches institutional news stories to local, regional and national publications.
Tom joined the University of West Florida in 2017 as Assistant Communications Director for Institutional Communications before accepting a position as Communications Director for the UWF Center for Cybersecurity. During his two years as Communications Director, the UWF Center for Cybersecurity increased its publicity with coverage in 12 national publications including Forbes, USA Today and Diverse Issues in Higher Education.
Before joining UWF, Tom spent 20 years in the journalism profession as a reporter or editor at five newspapers. He won awards for column writing, feature writing and enterprise reporting among other categories in his tenures at the Pensacola News Journal (Pensacola, Florida), The Desert Sun (Palm Springs, California), Inland Valley Daily Bulletin (Ontario, California), The Star Press (Muncie, Indiana) and The Chronicle-Tribune (Marion, Indiana).
- BGS, General Studies, Minor in Political Science, Minor in Journalism
Ball State University – Muncie, Indiana
- 2014 Hoosier State Press Association Best General Commentary
- 2014 Best of Gannett Narrative Writing
- 2013 Indiana Associated Press Managing Editors Deadline Sports Reporting
- 2013 Indiana Associated Press Managing Editors First Amendment/Community Affairs
- 2013 Society of Professional Journalists Investigative Reporting
- 2011 Indiana Associated Press Managing Editors Sports Column Writing
- 2010 Associated Press Sports Editors National Top 10 for Sports Investigative Reporting
- 2007 Associated Press Sports Editors National Top 10 for Sports Investigative Reporting