- Associate Director of Digital Media Strategy
Joe Vinson serves as the Associate Director of Digital Media Strategy at the University of West Florida’s Office of Institutional Communications, overseeing the strategic planning and implementation of UWF’s digital presence and supporting the web and photo/video teams in creating multimedia content that tells the university’s story.
Joe studied languages at Florida State University and Hiroshima University. After graduating in 2003, he spent more than a decade at the Appleyard Agency in Pensacola, where he led marketing campaigns in print, video and interactive media, won multiple ADDY and Telly awards and established an in-house digital production studio. He then served as digital director for the Studer Community Institute.
Joining the University of West Florida in 2016, Joe’s previous role was Assistant Director of Communications for the Innovation Institute and Division of Research and Strategic Innovation.
Joe lives in Pensacola with his wife Bradley and their three children. A local history aficionado, he started the Pensapedia wiki in 2006. He is active in the community and serves on a number of local nonprofit boards.
- B.A. English Literature, Minors in Asian Studies and Italian
Florida State University – Tallahassee, Florida
Hiroshima University – Higashi-Hiroshima, Japan
- 2019-present Pensacola Heritage Foundation Board of Directors, Pensacola
- 2017-present Pensacola Symphony Orchestra Advisory Council, Pensacola
- 2013-present Friends of West Florida Public Library Board of Directors, Pensacola
- 2010-present Gulf Coast Kid’s House Board of Directors, Pensacola
- 2009-present Japan-America Society of Northwest Florida Board of Directors (2014-2016 President), Pensacola
- 2011-2015 Escambia County Public Schools Foundation Board of Directors, Pensacola
- 2007-2013 AAF Pensacola Board of Directors (2009-2010 President), Pensacola
- 2015, 2017, 2019 Startup Weekend Pensacola Organizing Committee, Pensacola
- Rotary Club of Pensacola (Downtown)