- Assistant Director of Strategic Communications
Brittany Sherwood serves as the Assistant Director of Strategic Communications for Institutional Communications, where she oversees the development and implementation of communication plans, strategies and initiatives that enhance the University’s visibility. In this role, Brittany manages integrated projects, as well as institutional social media and public relations strategies.
Brittany earned a bachelor's degree in communication arts with an emphasis in public relations and minors in marketing and hospitality from UWF. Previously, she served as the Public Relations Manager for Institutional Communications, where she managed media relations, publicity and communication strategies for the University.
In her leisure time, Brittany likes to go out on their boat with her husband, Will, and their daughter, Violet.
- B.A. Communication Arts, Emphasis in Public Relations
Minors in Marketing and Hospitality
University of West Florida – Pensacola, Florida
- Florida Public Relations Association, Pensacola
- 2020 Florida Public Relations Association Award of Distinction
- 2019 Florida Public Relations Association Judges' Choice Award
- 2019 Florida Public Relations Association Award of Distinction
- 2017 Independent News Rising Star
- 2014 Florida Public Relations Association Golden Image Award