Room Change Request

During the first 10 business days of each semester, no room changes will occur, but students can request a new room during that time. Room changes will occur after the 10 day freeze has finished during the Open Room Change period.

Summer & Fall 2018 Room Changes

Summer 2018 room change requests can be submitted at this time. Please select one of the forms below to request a room change:

FTIC/Freshmen Room Change Form  (1st year students only)

Upperclassmen Room Change Form  (2nd, 3rd, 4th year, Grad & International students only)

Students wishing to change rooms for Fall 2018/Spring 2019 can change their own rooms online up until the end of June 2018.

  1. Log on to
  2. Select "Room Selection"
  3. Select either "New Student" or "Returning Resident"
  4. Select "Room Change"
  5. Follow the prompts to change your room.


Things to know about the Room Change Period

  • Every effort will be made to fulfill your request. However, not all room changes or roommate requests will be possible, as they are done on a space-available basis.
  • You will be notified by email if the change is approved.
  • We will keep your request until the end of the General Room Change Period. 
  • If we have been unable to fulfill your request, we will email you to let you know.
  • If your request is approved after housing officially opens for the semester, you may be required to meet with a staff member to discuss your concerns before you are approved to move. You may also be asked to participate in a roommate mediation before you are granted a room change.