Board of Directors Call for Applications
The Nominating Committee of the UWF Foundation, Inc. is now accepting applications for candidates to fill open seats for four-year terms beginning July 1, 2018. New directors will be appointed by the full Board of Directors at its meeting in June 2018.
The role of the UWF Foundation Nominating Committee is to evaluate all of the nominations received. The Nominating Committee considers many factors when evaluating a possible new Director. These include the following characteristics and experience as they relate to each candidate:
- Community Involvement
- Financial Experience
- Fundraising Experience
- Media/Public Relations Experience
- Philanthropic Experience
- Governmental Involvement
The Nominating Committee also considers the following as they relate to the overall composition of the board:
- Diversity of the Board
- Regional/Geographic Representation of the Board
- Other Factors relevant to University Strategic Initiatives
The Committee seeks recommendations for candidates who are able and willing to assume the responsibilities of Director including the following:
- Maintain knowledge of University of West Florida’s mission, programs, resources, and needs.
- Prepare for and participate in all board meetings in order to make informed, independent, and objective decisions.
- Review and approve the Foundation’s annual investment goals, operating budget, and financial statements.
- Understand that an individual board member can bind the board or Foundation only when authorized to do so and publicly support the majority decision of the board.
- Participate actively in the fundraising programs of the Foundation by providing personal financial support of the university through both the Annual Fund and any major fundraising campaign.
- Assist in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of donors as requested and maintain confidentiality of donor information.
- Serve as an effective university spokesperson in the community.Serve on board committees as requested.
- Serve as a representative of the Foundation Board of Directors at University events.
- Execute and update a “Conflict of Interest Statement” each year.
The deadline for receipt of applications is February 1, 2018.