Payment Plan and Other Options
The University of West Florida provides eligible students with an alternative to paying the full amount of tuition, housing and meal plans at the beginning of each term. Beginning in Fall 2016, UWF will offer a payment plan with up to 4 installments for Fall and Spring terms. Summer term will have a payment plan with up to 3 installments. The number of available installments is determined by the date of which you enroll in the payment plan. The earlier the student enrolls, the more installments available to the student.
When can I enroll in this plan?
- Students can begin enrolling in the plan in July for Fall term, November for Spring term, and April for Summer term.
- To avoid assessment of late fees, students must enroll no later than Part of Term 1 fee payment deadline and must be enrolled in at least one Part of Term 1 class.
How do I enroll in the payment plan?
- Log into your CashNet account. On your homepage, you will see the UWF payment plan link.
- Review plan budget and payment due dates.
- Accept Terms and Conditions.
- The first payment is required online in order to be enrolled into the payment plan.
What charges can be included?
- Current term tuition and fees, housing rent charges and meal plans. All of these charges will automatically be included in the plan, you cannot choose to exclude some charges.
- Charges will be reduced by the amount of available financial aid, private scholarships, private loans and third party billing arrangements.
- An account balance of $300 or more is required to be eligible for the payment plan.
When are payments due?
- The first payment is due online at the time you enroll in the plan. A one-time $15 enrollment charge is assessed in addition to the first payment.
- Additional installments will be determined by the plan you are enrolled and can be made online, mailed, or in the Cashier's Office using only cash, check, or money order.
What if I make a payment late?
- If you pay late you will be assessed the appropriate late fees- Tuition $100, housing $50.
- If payment plan includes a meal plan, meals will be suspended until the account balance is paid in full.
- Refer to your housing contract terms and conditions, for additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens if I receive financial aid after enrolling in this plan?
Your financial aid will be applied to the balance of your outstanding charges. If a balance remains, then subsequent required payments will be adjusted.
What happens if I change my class schedule after enrolling in the plan?
Your subsequent payments will be adjusted to reflect your current fee assessment.
Short Term Loans
Students in good financial standing with the University are eligible to apply for a Short Term Loan up to $500. The application is submitted through MyUWF and an electronic promissory note signed. Short Term Loans along with the service charge are due before the end of the semester in which they were issued; the due date is included on the promissory note. Contact the Student Accounts Office for more information.