MyCareerShines is a comprehensive education and career planning system that will help you succeed in the increasingly competitive global economy. You will learn about yourself, discover the many options and opportunities for your future, and gain access to the information and tools to achieve your goals.
Getting Started with MyCareerShines
- Search "MyCareerShines" in myUWF and click on app.
- Choose "College Students" in the drop down menu.
- Click on "Register or Log In."
- Click "I need to create an account," and then "I am a college or technical/vocational student."
- In the first step of the registration process, you will be asked to select your grade level, graduation year, and search for your college or university.
- In the second step, you will enter your name, zip code, birth date, gender, and email or phone number.
- During step three, you will create a username and password and set a security question and answer. Use your student ID number (e.g, 970111111) as your username.
- Once you are logged in, complete the Kuder Career Interests Assessment®, Kuder Skills Confidence Assessment® and Super's Work Values Inventory assessments.
- Review your results and the related occupations and majors. Schedule an appointment with Career Services by calling 850-474-2254 or request an appointment to discuss your results with a Career Coach.
How to Login to MyCareerShines
Getting started with MyCareerShines is easy. Watch this video to learn how you can register for your account.
How to Take Assessments and View Results in MyCareerShines
Once you have created an account the next step is to start taking your assessments. This video will guide you on how to take the assessments and also how to view and interpret your results.
How to Review Occupations Based on Assessments Career Clusters and Pathways
Watch this video to make sense of your assessment results and investigate career clusters and pathways based on those results.