The UWF Office of Career and Professional Education has partnered with FloridaMakes to support local manufacturers.
Through our partnership with FloridaMakes, UWF business advisors provide support for local manufacturers through program opportunities, process improvement, cost reduction, innovative growth strategies, and more. UWF and FloridaMakes serves as a connection to an extensive network of resources and partners:
- Federal and state programs (NIST, U.S. Department of Commerce, Florida Department of Economic Development)
- Local, regional, and state community leaders
- Manufacturing experts (engineering, quality management, marketing, product design)
- Environmental and energy organizations
- Workforce organizations
- Industry associations
Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP)
Manufacturing Extension Partnerships (MEPs) are public-private partnerships that exist in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. MEPs are dedicated to serving small- to medium-sized manufacturers through productivity and technological enhancement. They are focused on meeting manufacturers' short-term needs and aim to retain and create jobs, increase profits, and save time and money. MEPs reach over 25,000 manufacturers and complete over 8,000 projects per year.
MEP Enterprise Information Systems (MEIS) includes over 2,300 technical experts across every state. These trusted business advisors focus on solving manufacterers' challenges and identify opportunities for growth.
MEP Connect provides users with a variety of tools: web content management, document sharing and management, discussion boards, surveys, and events.
- Innovation Management System
- Family Business Advising
- Product Design and Development
- Marketing / Sales
- Market Planning and Promotion
- Market Research and Pricing
- Export Market Development
- Sales Management
- CE Marking (Exporting to Europe)
- Strategic Management
- Transformation Planner Assessment
- Performance Benchmarking
- Executive Coaching/Mentoring
- Business/Strategic Planning
- Lean Enterprise
- Safety with Continuous Improvement
- Lean Basics (Overview, Simulation, Kaizen)
- Assessment (Value Stream Mapping)
- Work Design (6S Workplace Organization, Facility Layout, Cellular Flow, Standard Work)
- Flow Reliability (Set-up Reduction, TPM, Kanban, Mistake Proofing)
- Lean Product Development
- Lean Accounting
- Lean Office
- ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO 13485, TS16949
- Quality Management System Development
- Quality Improvement
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Root Cause Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Food Safety/HAACP/SQF/FSSC22000/BRC
- Implementation & Project Management
- Six Sigma (Blackbelt/Greenbelt/Champion)
- Information Security Management
- Environmental Management System Development (ISO 14001)
- Energy Management System Development (ISO 50001)
- Energy Audits / Reduction Planning
- Equipment Sourcing
- Occupational Health and Safety Management
- System Development (ISO / OHSAS 18001)
- Lifecycle Analysis
- Supervisor Training Within Industry (TWI)
- Human Resource Management
- Recruitment / Retention
- Organizational Communications
- Performance Programs
- Team Building / Exercises
- Employee Development
ProQuest provides access to scholarly content from over 9,000 titles. Content areas include arts, literature, science, technology, and medicine.
DemographicsNow: Business & People provides detailed demographic reporting information and allows for trend visualizations.
IBISWorld provides analytical reports for over 700 U.S. industries, including segments such as industry definition, key statistics, market characteristics, performance, key competitors, and outlook.
ABI/INFORM Global provides information on company histories and new product development.
ValueLine Investment Survey provides projections of key financial measures and objective commentary on current operations and future prospects.