Honors Convocation Award Winners - 2017
Adjunct Faculty Excellence Awards
- Jack D. Giddens, Philosophy
- Ross Goodman, Legal Studies
- Michelle B. Jenson, Biology
- Kenneth William O'Connor, Management and MIS
- Melissa Venezia, Psychology
Delta Sigma Pi Scholarship Key
- Carlos H. Pinto De Moura, Economics/Finance
Distinguished Faculty Service Award
- Claudia Stanny, Director, Center for University Teaching, Learning and Assessment
Distinguished University Professorship
- Subhash Bagui, Mathematics and Statistics
- Wade Jeffrey, Center for Environmental Diagnostics and Bioremediation
Faculty Excellence in Teaching or Advising Awards
- Peter J. Cavnar, Biology
- Jonathan Fink, English
- Dione M. King, Social Work
- Julie Ann Stuart Williams, Management and MIS
Outstanding Master's Thesis Award
Mitchell McMillan, Earth and Environmental Sciences
"Evaluating and Developing Streambank Erosion Models in the Gulf of Mexico Coastal Plain"
Thesis Advisor: Dr. Johan Liebens
Outstanding Undergraduate Student Awards
College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Jordan R. Ardoin, English, B.A.
- Jenni L. Baggett, Anthropology, B.A.
- Marcus W. Baker, Music, B.M.E.
- Nyasha S. Brice, Music, B.M.
- Kendall M. Dayton, Theatre, B.A.
- Janelle A. Gormley, Philosophy, B.A.
- Hannah W. Green, International Studies, B.A.
- Mahalia S. Hall, Political Science Pre-Law, B.A.
- Samantha K. Krisko, Maritime Studies, B.A.
- Abigail A. Megginson, Political Science, B.A.
- Zachariah J. Pritchard, History, B.A.
- Matthew J. Stott, Communication, B.A.
- Morgan E. Walker, Art, B.F.A.
- Elizabeth V. Watson, Theatre, B.F.A.
- Aaron F. Zanca, Art, B.A.
College of Business
- Pablo Borrero, Global Marketing, B.S.B.A.
- Bruce L. Brown, Supply Chain Logistics Management, B.S.B.A.
- Lauren T. Davis, Accounting, B.S.B.A.
- Evelyn A. Engelmeyer, General Business, B.S.B.A.
- Breanna R. Harrison, Management, B.S.B.A.
- James M. Kradel, Finance, B.S.B.A.
- Lori A. Orslene, Hospitality, Recreation and Resort Management, B.S.
- Robert L. Prosser, Global Economics, B.S.B.A.
College of Educational and Professional Studies
- Roderick A. Bennett, Information Technology, Network Systems Operations, B.S.
- Nicholas Files, Air Force ROTC
- Caleb A. Goodson, Army ROTC
- Caitlin Groseclose, Exceptional Student Education/ELEM/ESOL/Reading, B.A.
- Lytha M. Kiss, Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, Children and Society, B.A.
- Tara Mann, Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, Teaching and Learning, B.A.
- Kenneth Manthei, Engineering Technology, Information Engineering Technology, B.S.
- Kari A. McWhirter, Criminal Justice, B.A.
- Kendall Robarge, Elementary Education/ESOL/Reading, B.A.
- Amelia Strom, Legal Studies, B.A.
Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering
- Austin P. Bracey, Electrical Engineering, B.S.
- Catherine Bronson, Oceanography, B.S.
- Nathan A. Cooper, Computing and Information Sciences, B.S.
- Kadem K. Engin, Computer Engineering, B.S.
- Elizabeth Evans, Environmental Science, B.S.
- Aymee Garcia Lopez Gavilan, Mathematics, B.S.
- Heather Hamilton, Chemistry, B.S.
- Goldie Johnson, Information Technology, B.S.
- Alicia C. Martin, Biology/Pre-Professional, B.S.
- Tabitha R. Siegfried, Marine Biology, B.S.
- David Smith, Physics, B.S.
Usha Kundu, MD College of Health
- Gabriela Cintron, Psychology, B.A.
- John W. Crossley, Physical Education/Teacher Education, B.S.
- Sarah E. Dawson, Public Health, B.S.
- Angela E. DeLima, Allied Health, B.S.
- Lorie D. Ezell, Fitness and Conditioning, B.S.
- Taylor M. Gantt, Athletic Training, B.S.
- Clayton E. Linkous, Nursing, B.S.N.
- Stephanie L. Shaia, Exercise Science, B.S.
- Amanda N. Stroup, Health Care Administration, B.S.
- Emily N. Vaughan, Clinical Laboratory Sciences, B.S.
- Cassidy S. Verdi, Health Promotion, B.S.
- Michelle P. Lapak, Biochemistry, B.S.
Kugelman Honors Program
- Melissa N. Coombs, Nursing, B.S.N.
President's Award for Leadership in Diversity
- Leonie Dupuis, Student recipient
- Erica Taylor, Faculty recipient
Million Dollar Research Hall of Fame
- Karen Molek, Chemistry
UWF Florida Research Fellowship Award
- Ludmila Cosio-Lima, Exercise Science and Community Health
- Youngil Lee, Exercise Science and Community Health
- Peter Memiah, Public Health
- Karen Molek, Chemistry
- Kellie O'Dare Wilson, Social Work
Faculty Excellence in Undergraduate Research Mentoring Award
- Early Career Award - Tanay Kesharwani, Chemistry
- Senior Faculty Award - Jason Ortegren, Earth and Environmental Sciences
Richard and Sandra Berg Scholar Athlete Awards
- Amelia Strom, Legal Studies, Women's Swimming and Diving
- Matthew Sullivan, Business Administration/Finance, Baseball
SGA Distinguished Teaching Awards
- Darren Bernal, Usha Kundu, MD College of Health
- Thomas Gilbar, Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering
- Susan James, College of Education and Professional Studies
- Tressa Kelly, College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Bob Kimball, College of Business