Technology Fee Funded Projects
Below is a list of student Technology Fee Funded Projects that have been awarded to the UWF Libraries. Click on any project to read the complete proposal.
There are two types of proposals that can be submitted - Systemic and Instructional Technology Enhancement Projects (ITEP). Descriptions below taken from http://uwf.edu/offices/academic-affairs-division/resources/technology-fee/.
Systemic Projects are projects proposed by operational units of the university (e.g., colleges, academic departments, Library, etc.) for instructional technology enhancements of unit-wide or university-wide scope. These projects are awarded by the Provost. Seventy (70%) of Technology Fee revenues are allocated for funding Systemic Projects.
Instructional Technology Enhancement Projects (ITEPs) are focused projects proposed by an individual or small team with the intention of exploring new applications of instructional technology. ITEPs will typically be lead by a faculty "principal investigator." ITEPs are time-limited projects (up to two years in length) and allocations of Technology Fee funds to these projects are non-recurring. Thirty percent (30%) of Technology Fee revenues are allocated for awarding to ITEPs.
- Books at JSTOR (Systemic, $26,000)
- Mango Languages (Systemic, $18,861)
- Student Laptops (Systemic, $29,200)
- Student iPads (Systemic, $23,599)
- iPad Loan Program (Systemic, $22,939)
- Laptop Loan Program (Systemic, $28,900)
- Library Instructional Classroom (Systemic, $125,000)
- DSLR/HD Video Cameras (Systemic, $5,385)
- Patron Driven Acquisition (PDA) Pilot Program to acquire eBooks (Systemic, $25,000)
- 33 Apple iPad 2s For Patron Use (Systemic, $24,252)
- Microsoft/Samsung SUR40 PixelSense Interactive Table (Systemic, $13,500)
- Thomson Reuters' Web of Science Database (ITEP, $31,444, with additional library funding)
- Emerald Coast Learning Commons (Systemic, $60,007)
- 25 Dell Laptops (Systemic, $32,076)
- 16 Dell Workstations (Systemic, $36,497)
- Early English Books Online Database (ITEP)
- Early American Imprints, Series 1: Evans, 1639-1800 (ITEP)
- 5th Floor Library Computer Lab/Workspace (aka Skylab) (Systemic, $167,933)
- Cambridge University Press Ebook Collection (Systemic, $73,967)