Theses and Dissertations
Mary Ann Scott
Thesis and Dissertation Coordinator
Building 50, Rm 225
1) Review Thesis Guide 2017
2) Fill out the Thesis Certification 3-25-2020 form and insert as page 2 or 3 in your thesis.
3) Share iThenticate report with thesis/dissertation coordinator.
4) Create a ProQuest account on the ProQuest ETD Administrator website.
A verification email will be sent to you. You must click on the link to verify your email before you can proceed.
1. A .pdf of your manuscript
2. Your UWF student number
You need to have some idea of:
1. The subject categories you would select for your research. You will be allowed a maximum of three and will choose from a list provided.
2. You should consider search keywords that would lead researchers to your manuscript. You will be allowed a maximum of six.
You will be asked:
1. Whether you want ProQuest to file for copyright on your behalf.
2. Whether you want to purchase bound copies of your manuscript. Have a credit card handy if you do.
(Tips Provided by Rosemarie Morris, 2020 UWF EdD)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Revisions of theses must be completed by the ProQuest FINAL SUBMISSION date.
All theses must be submitted electronically by the first deadline of each semester. Any edits and revisions must be completed and approved by the final Friday of each semester.
|March 22||Deadline to submit thesis to the Graduate School via ProQuest|
|May 7||ProQuest FINAL SUBMISSION - Deadline to submit CLEARED thesis to ProQuest|
|July 9||Deadline to submit thesis to the Graduate School via ProQuest|
|August 13||ProQuest FINAL SUBMISSION - Deadline to submit CLEARED thesis to ProQuest|
|October 31||Deadline to submit thesis to the Graduate School via ProQuest|
|December 10||ProQuest FINAL SUBMISSION - Deadline to submit CLEARED thesis to ProQuest|
Several years ago several defaults were changed in Word. One of them involves spacing and can give us headaches when trying to double space throughout a document.
To remedy this,
Goto Layout/Spacing and make sure Before and After are set to ZERO
Then goto Home/Paragraph and Line Spacing and set to TWO
Lining up page numbers in the ToC
This function has changed with just about every edition of Word, so one size does not fit all. The best thing to do is look it up in Help in the program itself or google the manual for the particular edition of Word that you are using.
Enrolled dissertation students should access their Canvas accounts.
Deadlines for Submission to Graduate School
- Fall 2020: October 16, 2020
- Spring 2021: March 15, 2021
- Summer 2021: July 2, 2021
- Fall 2021: October 15, 2021
Note: These dates apply only to those who desire to participate in commencement during the same semester in which they defend their dissertation and only to those whose manuscripts are in pristine condition when submitted to the DSQAC.
Mobile users should view this page in the landscape perspective to see the complete listing of deadlines.
Special Note from the Center for University Teaching, Learning, and Assessment (CUTLA)
Watch a Professional Authorship Practices workshop on good authorship practices and how authors can use iThenticate to evaluate the originality of their work and identify passages with problematic citations.