Building Emergency Coordinator (BEC) General Building Activities.
With regards to the areas that they represent Building Emergency Coordinators should
- Be knowledgeable of building departmental space (i.e., critical issues, special circumstances, hazards)
- Maintain accurate and current information for restricted areas
- Serve as a conduit for emergency/preparedness information
- Maintain and update appropriate emergency supplies (i.e., hurricane closure materials)
- Coordinate with other BECs in the same building (i.e., those representing other departments/colleges)
BECs should know what procedures to adhere to in the following situations.
- Bomb Threats
- Suspicious objects
- Receiving a threat communication
- Building evacuation
- Secure a building
- Police liaison